Illinois - Akron | The Boneyard

Illinois - Akron

Reaction Score
14-3 Illinois early. From what I've seen so far, the Illinois D line is good but the LB's and D secondary not so much. Akron is able to move the ball against Illinois has several first downs already.

Reaction Score
Their running game looks good. Not sure how good/bad Akron is but Illinois has been impressive so far. Physical team.

21-3 now.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Their running game looks good. Not sure how good/bad Akron is but Illinois has been impressive so far. Physical team.
21-3 Illinois, but Akron has had some tough breaks, Illinois is lucky so far that Akron only has 3 points. That being said, the Illinois D line is really good against passing with a really good pass rush, the LB's and DB's not so much at stopping a run, lots of missed tackles in the D backfield. The Illinois OL is having trouble against Akron's defense. Akron has gained a lot of yardage so far but only 3 points to show for it. Both teams have some big time transfers, especially Illinois.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If Akron is going to make this a game their receivers have to stop dropping passes that are right there. Illinois's DL beginning to push Akron all over the field. Wheels coming off. Not sure how good Akron's OL is but Illinois's DL is making them look bad.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Team stats looks identical to UConn game except Uconn two turnovers and Akron two turnovers. Keep the ball and score may have been similar.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Next Sat: Illini favored by what? 17.5?

Reaction Score
Nelson, please go back to the basketball forum...you never did like UConn football...matter of fact, you wanted UConn to quit football...
The epitome of being a drama queen.

Reaction Score
The epitome of being a drama queen.
What's wrong with my statement, nothing. Ever since UConn upgraded FB, Nelson thought it was a lousy idea...(so did i). Nelson never took UConn fb seriously, I did and yes, I got behind the program...( I was laughed at when I said we need a LAX team), but when UConn upgraded, I supported them. Now some wants UConn to downgrade (or drop) football for LAX...Florida is becoming a hotbed of LAX and some schools are looking to start teams. 10 years ago, we could have been a powerhouse, but with the southeast growing - and LAX growing too - I think we missed it.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
What's wrong with my statement, nothing. Ever since UConn upgraded FB, Nelson thought it was a lousy idea...(so did i). Nelson never took UConn fb seriously, I did and yes, I got behind the program...( I was laughed at when I said we need a LAX team), but when UConn upgraded, I supported them. Now some wants UConn to downgrade (or drop) football for LAX...Florida is becoming a hotbed of LAX and some schools are looking to start teams. 10 years ago, we could have been a powerhouse, but with the southeast growing - and LAX growing too - I think we missed it.
Are you suggesting we wouldn’t be good at lax if we got a team?

Reaction Score
I don't think we need to scout our opponents this season. I can say with confidence that they are all better than UConn.

Well, we know how good you are at predicting outcomes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom