I'll sue you, but will try to entice someone else to do exactly what I may sue you for - Yay B12 | The Boneyard

I'll sue you, but will try to entice someone else to do exactly what I may sue you for - Yay B12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So there are B12 schools that are not waiving their right to sue another school and/or conference as a result of a conference realignment which could negatively impact thier University (which I totally get, and am fine with that), BUT those same schools are okay with soliciting schools in other conferences to entice them to do the exact same thing they are prepared to sue someone else for doing.

"Big 12 athletic directors were given a list of schools to contact a few weeks ago once it became clear that Texas A&M would be departing the conference for membership in the SEC.
Arkansas and BYU were contacted but then, according to multiple sources, the athletic directors who were given the instructions did not reach out to the other three schools on the list -- Pittsburgh, Louisville and West Virginia of the Big East -- because Oklahoma president David Boren made comments that the Sooners were unsettled in their situation as a member of the Big 12 and were exploring their options."

link

Reaction Score
"Big 12 athletic directors were given a list of schools to contact"

Hey, come aboard the Titanic! It'll be cool, we promise!

Reaction Score
Let me point out a few things:

I would love to have just skunked the ACC & BC in our lawsuit. The difference here, and comes clear in that article, is that there was an event that preceded this exit by TEXAS A&M that raised the stakes & made this a default under contract. With big implications. Without the Fox contract ... on top of the ESPN contract ... several schools would not have pressed forward with big Capital projects.

Now, WE (*UConn) claimed this in our suit. But, it was presumed the dollars would flow ... we knew the risk of the unknowns of BCS/D1a football. The Projects done by Iowa State were directly following a very big execution of dollars. The default, caused by TA&M, makes this a real lawsuit.

Now the Ethics? I understand we feel that they should live by their words/actions here. And, I find it really interesting that they NEVER look to raise up a Houston or a SMU. I think they are really diminished today. And, I think & hope this goes good for my BE & UConn.

Reaction Score
One other thing....the only school mentioned there that would have any inclination to even entertain an invite would be BYU. You have to have some imagination to come up with one reason Arkansas would even return the phone call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom