I'll live with this | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I'll live with this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
I hope KO now realizes that we have the athleticism and depth to use the old full court press with this team. If it was done last night and first half of this game ......

Reaction Score
Pretty awful no matter how optimistic we want to be.

Team should be pissed with the way they played, esp defensively.

Reaction Score
This is pretty much a repeat from the 2011 BFA we were in. Lost to an inferior opponent in the second round and needed a big comeback in the consolation game. The late foul and three free throws to tie it up from Boat is the only difference. I think we win if we could have forced OT today.

In four years we try again.

Reaction Score
The team doesn't look like a trainwreck, and in time a leader should emerge. We may very well play like one of the better teams in February and March. But, given our conference situation, major damage has already been done.

This isn't like 2002-2008 where we could absorb early season losses, make up for it in conference play, and earn a high seed.

After today, we have one game against a team currently ranked in the Top 20. Depending on the fortunes of SMU and Cincy (whom I expect us to beat at least once or twice), we could head into Selection Sunday with zero wins over the RPI Top 25. That's a big problem.

We could be gelling and playing like an elite team in early March and still not garner better than a #5 seed and a Sweet 16 matchup with Kentucky in Louisville. And if we endure any future stumbles, it'll be a #8 seed with dook or UNC in Greensboro in the 2nd round.

Unfortunately, we don't have the luxury anymore to feel it out and develop over the course of the year. We have to kill it from Day 1, and we missed that chance.

Reaction Score
This weekend hurt. We're a good to very good team and winning this tournament would've padded the resume.

Being in the American really limits your margin for error in these early games.

Reaction Score
2 awful decisions coming down with a chance - DHam pulled up for 3 with he D retreating on him he had all the way for a 8 foot floater. Then the pass by Rodney was just plain awful. They actually had a great chance to win this game still.
And then Gibbs fading away for the last 3 instead of taking the contact whatshisface would have caused.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I forgot that this place sucks after a loss. Either trolls masquerading as uconn fans or insane uconn fans it's unbearable

Reaction Score
Once the lead started getting cut down to single digits there was a noticeable difference in our defensive effort. We played pretty great on that end down the stretch. If they can do that all year I will be happy.

Reaction Score
Tenspro2002 said:
Unfortunately, we don't have the luxury anymore to feel it out and develop over the course of the year. We have to kill it from Day 1, and we missed that chance.

I think everyone was in agreement on this point the ninth or tenth time you said it, hoss. We get it.

Reaction Score
I'm still shocked their back court outplayed ours. That's how we were supposed to win this game.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
1-12 from 3 is the biggest reason we lost. Gotta make some shots.

Jalen Adams is awesome. Shonn Miller finally looked like the player we thought we were getting. Brimah had a very good run once he got benched for Enoch early in the 2nd half. Best of all, this team showed some fight. Gonna probably take some time before we jump back up in the rankings, but at least we've seen what this team can be at their peak, and that's very good.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
17/20 FT and 1/12 from 3. Need to have good days from both not one or the other.

Reaction Score
The 2 losses hurt, but the play of Miller and Adams give me reasons to be optimistic. I think we will see a bigger role for both of them and more minutes for Enoch.

Also, Brimah rebounded better today. Lots of stuff to fix, but also some causes for optimism.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
bexause I have to, but we have learned some things and we have something to build on. Not depressed.

Well I'm depressed. But your other point stands.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
No way. Are you serious? He is the only one who drives to the hoop and plays solid d. If you noticed Gibbs played less

Rodney's D alone keeps him in the lineup. He's got Ricky Moore-like fire (though obviously not close to RMs defensive skill). Once he gets over the layup hiccups, he'll be fine.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Just a terrible decision.

Appears he's still learning when to be aggressive and when not. Wasn't enough so against Syracuse, probably heard about it, and then applied it wrong in this case. Hopefully he learns from it.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I think Jalen playing on guard and Gibbs playing off would bring a lot better offense and better decision making. Rodney is still the hot and cold player he was last year with the good plays combined with the head pounders like the bad pass in the last minute.

We are giving up a lot of points. Should emphasize D over O at this point imo.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
adams is probably the best pick n roll player and perimeter defender on the team, he needs to start. I notice yesterday too while he wasn't successful he was aggressive driving.

Adams a better perimeter defender than Purvis? Not so sure about that.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
This is pretty much a repeat from the 2011 BFA we were in. Lost to an inferior opponent in the second round and needed a big comeback in the consolation game. The late foul and three free throws to tie it up from Boat is the only difference. I think we win if we could have forced OT today.

In four years we try again.

2011 we were in Maui. Won it.

Reaction Score
Adams a better perimeter defender than Purvis? Not so sure about that.
Potentially yes, Adams was horrible yesterday but very good vs michigan. He is also much longer than purvis. But idk I like purvis' defense as well so no argument, both are our only competent perimeter defenders at the moment.

Reaction Score
2011 we were in Maui. Won it.

He's right. Technically, it was in the 2011 calendar year B4A, part of the 2011-12 season.

We lost to Harvard and then beat FSU in the 3rd place game after Boat got fouled on a 3 and made all 3 FTs in what was his first game.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
He's right. Technically, it was in the 2011 calendar year B4A, part of the 2011-12 season.

We lost to Harvard and then beat FSU in the 3rd place game after Boat got fouled on a 3 and made all 3 FTs in what was his first game.

Yeah, but when you reference a season, its always the other way around.

2011 = Maui Invitational; BET; NCA. 13-0.

Reaction Score
Yeah, but when you reference a season, its always the other way around.

2011 = Maui Invitational; BET; NCA. 13-0.

No, Kemba is the 2010 Maui MVP. ESPN just showed that Wednesday night, but I understand what you're saying. Side note for losing effort MVP they showed Adam 'Stache' Morrison in '05/'06.

We lost to Jordan's kid and his Central Florida team in the 2011-2012 season BFA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom