I'll give you a stat | The Boneyard

I'll give you a stat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This stat unfortunately brings shades of...*shudders* KO offense.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
This was also a criticism of Calhoun’s teams. Too much passing around the perimeter without purpose. Gaffney reminds me of Craig Austrie in a lot of ways.

Reaction Score
You don't get assists on FTs or offensive rebounds.

A lot of assists come on passing to 3 point shooters.

Pretty obvious why we didn't have a lot today.

Reaction Score
here’s a question. besides bouknight, who on this team is a legitimate playmaker?

in my mind we don’t really have anybody else where i would consider that a strength.

cole: alterique clone. able to get by his man, but too small to efficiently finish at rim, and is not a natural distributor so he has blinders on for his own shot

gaffney: can’t beat man off dribble. makes safe passes around the perimeter. never truly a threat with the ball.

jackson: good passer, but can’t attack with dribble, not a threat to shoot

martin: wildcard. more of a complementary piece than a guy who creates with ball in his hands.

adams: no

if anything i think our secondary playmaking will need to initiate from the post back out. sanogo seems like he could become a reliable offensive threat and then build from there.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Hurley in post game comments still thinks Cole has best shot of being the second scorer. Sounds like he will stick with him in the near term.

Reaction Score
Hurley in post game comments still thinks Cole has best shot of being the second scorer. Sounds like he will stick with him in the near term.

As a coach you don't call the kid out like we are here. That would destroy his confidence.

Reaction Score
What other choice does he have?

You do it privately and not in front of reporters.

Look at the film with him and for every bad shot say "these are the options you had" and then go over the good shots--even the ones missed and say "this is a good shot and why"

He isn't Jim Boeheim. I'd be pretty miffed if he found the need to call RJ out publically.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
You do it privately and not in front of reporters.

Look at the film with him and for every bad shot say "these are the options you had" and then go over the good shots--even the ones missed and say "this is a good shot and why"

He isn't Jim Boeheim. I'd be pretty miffed if he found the need to call RJ out publically.
Sorry meant what other choice as second scorer. Obviously not trying to publicly shame players.

Reaction Score
Sorry meant what other choice as second scorer. Obviously not trying to publicly shame players.

On the perimeter I think it has to be Cole when it comes down to it. No one else has the mentality. I think Whaley/Sanogo both could be 8-12ppg guys depending on how minutes go.

Polley is too one dimensional to be a #2, but his shooting is valuable. Martin and Jackson aren't there yet. Neither is Adams.

Reaction Score
On the perimeter I think it has to be Cole when it comes down to it. No one else has the mentality. I think Whaley/Sanogo both could be 8-12ppg guys depending on how minutes go.

Polley is too one dimensional to be a #2, but his shooting is valuable. Martin and Jackson aren't there yet. Neither is Adams.
One problem is that if a guy isn’t there now he may never be. Not a knock. Just a realistic assessment of where the game is today. Best hope is a guy who isn’t it as a freshman develops into a solid role player. A few do. The others play at some mid majors in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom