I'll get it going . . | The Boneyard

I'll get it going . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
this is f%%%%ing embarrassing.

don't have the skills but the kids are trying (i hope) but the coaching is pathetic.

Reaction Score
Some days, you just gott tip your cap to the other team. They made BIG plays. UConn defense had unresolvable match-up issues for sure.

Reaction Score
The team didn't play that bad. It took a while to get the groove going on offense. But WMU's QB was the key to the whole game for them. He was uncontainable.

Reaction Score
Some days, you just gott tip your cap to the other team. They made BIG plays. UConn defense had unresolvable match-up issues for sure.

Very well said. And I agree. There will be debate over whether the matchup issue was resolveable, but you have to give credit to WMU. They are a good team with a great QB.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The team didn't play that bad.

They had a nice spell for about 15 minutes in the 2nd half. Otherwise, they played like ABSOLUTE GARBAGE.

Reaction Score
We have done and will do a LOT of hat tipping this year.

Fear not, JC and basketball season is almost here.

Reaction Score

Unfortunately for me, it's UCONN football or bust. I have zero interest in basketball.

Reaction Score
you should try it out, theres actually some talent and coaching there

I've heard. Just not a fan of basketball, college or NBA. I have tried watching, but can't stand it.

Reaction Score

Spoken like a true fan. Basketball fan that is.

Reaction Score
Spoken like a true fan. Basketball fan that is.
OK how is this? Uconn football is in fine shape. A bowl bid won't be a problem. 4 or 5 conference wins are a lock. I love Uconn - I want all of the programs to do well. But as far as football goes this year I am a realist. This is not a very good team. I will watch every game this year again but I am not filled with optimism based on what I have seen thus far. Are you?

Reaction Score
OK how is this? Uconn football is in fine shape. A bowl bid won't be a problem. 4 or 5 conference wins are a lock. I love Uconn - I want all of the programs to do well. But as far as football goes this year I am a realist. This is not a very good team. I will watch every game this year again but I am not filled with optimism based on what I have seen thus far. Are you?

Are you reading impaired. My comment was directed at your post about basketball season. I'm not a happy fan right now but until football season is over I could give a rats ass about BB.

I'm gonna stand by my boys till they turn it around. Whether it be this year, next year or 5 years from now.

Remember...reading is fundamental.

Reaction Score
I love people who claim they can only follow one sport at a time.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
1 - During even quarters the defense was horrible. It was never a question of if WMU would score but when.
2 - Bunting made a huge comment (on something I had barely noticed until he said it) that the offensive line was opening huge holes but McCombs wasn't quick to turn upsfield into the holes. He needs to develop a cutback burst and that he doesn't have one is playing a role in our offensive line looking significantly worse than last years. Yes, we had a better line with Hurd and EK/Olivier but even with the injuries and juggling of players, it should have looked better than it has this season. A part if this is due to RB play.
3 - It was good to see us make a few 'chunk yardage plays' (as Pasqualoni likes to call them) but we still will need to be able to sustain a stray long (making six or seven first downs) drive before our offense will have arrived. We still are one bad second down play away from not being able to get a first down (and that WMU was able to gain eight to ten yards at will made this appeare worse), this will haunt us until we fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom