I'll be there for you football TEAM! | The Boneyard

I'll be there for you football TEAM!

Reaction Score
I have been a season ticket holder since 1999. I go to a few away games a year. I have never missed a home game. I have donated plenty of money to my state school for many years.

OK, enough of my credentials.

There is something about this special group of players, especially the guys that have decided to make UConn their team by committing for the 2019 or 2020 season.

Will all the crap that has been said here and everywhere else, they have decided they could make a difference. The videos we have seen, either on You Tube or here, of the workouts, the locker rooms, the uniforms, have shown all of us their enthusiasm and pride and love of teammates. How can you not go to the games and root for these kids?

Complain to the school, write your letters, make your calls to the people responsible, but don't quit on these kids...they didn't quit on you.

I have always enjoyed a full day of football. Getting up before sunrise to make sure myself and my brother could enjoy a full 5 hours of tailgating with a GREAT group of people, and then going into to see our great band take the field, and then our team playing major college football.
They have had it tough with all the coaching changes, but they are still here and working their butts off.

I have always been a fan of underdogs.....we are about as much of an underdog as we can get.

I am especially going to enjoy watching this team win some games and walking off the field with big, well deserved smiles on their faces, then going out into the parking lot and having a couple more cold ones before going home more than happy.

A day with family and friends, and a UConn football win.

I'll stand by this team if I am the only one in the stadium.

If you can't find $15 to spend a full day with family and friends and watch your UConn Huskies football team, and live within driving distance, you really aren't a fan, no matter what you say.

Reaction Score
I have been a season ticket holder since 1999. I go to a few away games a year. I have never missed a home game. I have donated plenty of money to my state school for many years.

There is something about this special group of players, especially the guys that have decided to make UConn their team by committing for the 2019 or 2020 season.

Will all the crap that has been said here and everywhere else, they have decided they could make a difference. The videos we have seen, either on You Tube or here, of the workouts, the locker rooms, the uniforms, have shown all of us their enthusiasm and pride and love of teammates. How can you not go to the games and root for these kids?

Complain to the school, write your letters, make your calls to the people responsible, but don't quit on these kids...they didn't quit on you.

I have always enjoyed a full day of football. Getting up before sunrise to make sure myself and my brother could enjoy a full 5 hours of tailgating with a GREAT group of people, and then going into to see our great band take the field, and then our team playing major college football.
They have had it tough with all the coaching changes, but they are still here and working their butts off.

I have always been a fan of underdogs.....we are about as much of an underdog as we can get.

I am especially going to enjoy watching this team win some games and walking off the field with big, well deserved smiles on their faces, then going out into the parking lot and having a couple more cold ones before going home more than happy.

If you can't find $15 to spend a full day with family and friends and watch your UConn Huskies football team, and live within driving distance, you really aren't a fan, no matter what you say.

Football was the best show in the state. I love away games. We’re always so outnumbered and it was easy to meet and get to know the few other UConn fans there.

Reaction Score
Ah, fiddlesticks! I just went went from being special to just part of the common ruck. This is worse than when I found out who my real father was.
Is your father Bob Barker too :D

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

A day with family and friends, and a UConn football win. I'll stand by this team if I am the only one in the stadium.

Thank you for your support. You are a true fan. You have my respect and admiration sir. If the system allowed, I'd give you 100 likes. I hope other UConn football fans and supporters of UConn athletics read your comment and decide to join you. Decide not to be selfish and no longer attend any games, but rather decide NOT to take the recent events personally.

To see the bigger picture and not quit on the young men that comprise this team. The players and coaches didn't have anything to do with this decision, why take it out on them? If current and former fans refuse to attend future football games, what message does that send to potential recruits?

As you said, they have not quit on us, so by all means let's not quit on them by not showing up to support them. The events of today are not what many "die-hard" UConn football fans wanted, but the program will continue to endure. It's bigger than any one individual. Also, what kind of message would quitting the team send to our children and grandchildren, when we've always told them to never quit? Do as I do, or do as I say do?

It was once said that "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. This is not the best decision for the football team, but it is thought by many UConn coaches and administrators that it is the best overall decision for the athletic program as a whole going forward. Some posters have already suggested that things may not be as bad as they appear, and can see a light at the end of the tunnel (and it’s not a train). This thing will work itself out with or without the blessing of the boosters.

How wonderful would it be if the boosters sponsored a “kick-off” rally to show unity and support for the team at the home opener, and it was a complete sell-out?

The number of empty seats at the first home game will be a benchmark for the season. It will tell the players what kind of school they chose to play for, and how much support they can expect the rest of the way. Randy Edsall and his staff need our support now more than ever. If there was ever a time to rally around Edsall and his program, it’s now.

Now is the time for UConn’s finest to show their true colors. UConn strong. Some fans here have said they will no longer attend any more games. I hope they re-think that decision. Everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon during the good times, that's easy. True fans like you refuse to bail out when the going gets tough and ride it out. The rest of the country is watching.

If I could, I would be proud to join you at the home opener this fall. It would be my pleasure to buy you to a cold one, and toast the team and the season. Cheers. :cool:

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Are you the Panda?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Thank you for your support. You are a true fan. You have my respect and admiration sir. If the system allowed, I'd give you 100 likes. I hope other UConn football fans and supporters of UConn athletics read your comment and decide to join you. Decide not to be selfish and no longer attend any games, but rather decide NOT to take the recent events personally.

To see the bigger picture and not quit on the young men that comprise this team. The players and coaches didn't have anything to do with this decision, why take it out on them? If current and former fans refuse to attend future football games, what message does that send to potential recruits?

As you said, they have not quit on us, so by all means let's not quit on them by not showing up to support them. The events of today are not what many "die-hard" UConn football fans wanted, but the program will continue to endure. It's bigger than any one individual. Also, what kind of message would quitting the team send to our children and grandchildren, when we've always told them to never quit? Do as I do, or do as I say do?

It was once said that "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. This is not the best decision for the football team, but it is thought by many UConn coaches and administrators that it is the best overall decision for the athletic program as a whole going forward.

How wonderful would it be if the boosters sponsored a “kick-off” rally to show unity and support for the team at the home opener, and it was a complete sell-out?

The number of empty seats at the first home game will be a benchmark for the season. It will tell the players what kind of school they chose to play for, and how much support they can expect the rest of the way. Randy Edsall and his staff need our support now more than ever. If there was ever a time to rally around Edsall and his program, it’s now.

Now is the time for UConn’s finest to show their true colors. UConn strong. Some fans here have said they will no longer attend any more games. I hope they re-think that decision. Everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon during the good times, that's easy. True fans like you refuse to bail out when the going gets tough and ride it out. The rest of the country is watching.

If I could, I would be proud to join you at the home opener this fall. It would be my pleasure to buy you to a cold one, and toast the team and the season. Cheers. :cool:

peak by.

people should go to games. not me! but people.

and 25k empty - don’t worry about being surprised

Reaction Score
I was not planning to be in East Hartford for the opener against Wagner because, frankly, I expected it to be a plain vanilla butt-beating. I think with what has transpired I will make an attempt to be there if only to show my support to the team. I still expect an easy UConn victory but if the fans get out to rally around the staff and kids it might be a much more inspiring kick-off to the season than I expected a week ago.

Reaction Score
I am not the Panda. Who is the Panda?
One of my good friends is at every game with his brother and his brother wears a Panda hat at every tailgate. So when I saw your bio, it also fits the description of my buddy's bro.

Reaction Score
One of my good friends is at every game with his brother and his brother wears a Panda hat at every tailgate. So when I saw your bio, it also fits the description of my buddy's bro.
I am easy to recognize. I am the one who can just about make it to my seat because I ate too much at the tailgate!

Reaction Score
Looking for extras to Illinois game. PM me!
I think this game is going to be awesome. We're going to slaughter Wagner, then face a P5 school at home on a beautiful late-summer day. 3:30 time so plenty of time for the students, who will now attend for free, to wake up and start tailgating. Think it's winnable as well

Reaction Score

It was once said that "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. This is not the best decision for the football team, but it is thought by many UConn coaches and administrators that it is the best overall decision for the athletic program as a whole going forward.

Thanks for the nice compliments. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score

Oh good, the "if you don't do x,y, and z then you aren't a real fan" thread. Those always end well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom