Ill-annoying ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

Ill-annoying ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. Well THAT was not the start I expected.
  2. That is much, much better.
  3. It only took four minutes before a ref made a terrible foul call against us.
  4. Our hot start ran out of gas when Clingan went to the bench.
  5. I don't think I've ever seen Tristen shoot this poorly. 3:15 left in the half, and he's 0 for 6 from the field. And he would not attempt another field goal.
  6. Is it just me, or are the refs letting Illinois just beat the crap out of Clingan's arms every time he has the ball down low?
  7. That was the least UConn-like half of basketball I've seen since... maybe since Ollie's last year. Or maybe ever.
  8. At the half, Karaban, Castle and Newton are 0 of 13. If it wasn't for Spencer's one bucket, no starter other than Clingan would have a point. Sure glad Diarra and Johnson aren't suffering from the same malady as all our starters not named Clingan. Luckily, other than Domask, the other guys ain't shooting any better. Only stats we can hang our hats on so far are assists, where we lead 7 to 4, and blocks 5-2. We do have a 2 rebound advantage, but it's only 2, and we trailed in boards until the last couple minutes of the half.
  9. Strategy-wise, it looks like we're starting the 2nd half the way we did the first half. Feed Donovan every trip that's not a fast break. Worked good early in the game, so why not.
  10. OK, this feels more like UConn.
  11. Clingan has a double double with 9 minutes left.
  12. Steph didn't have his best game, but still contributed 6 boards, 5 dimes and a block to go with his one spectacular bucket.
  13. Newton also had 5 dimes.
  14. Coincidently both teams shot 12 of 17 from the FT line for 71%. We ended up shooting 52% to their 25% from the floor. 21 assists to 7. Forty-five boards to thirty-six. 5 steals to 3, 10 blocks to 4.
  15. Speaking of Clingan, he sure picked a good time to have his best game ever.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer
Top Bottom