If you're not already a fan of this team, you should be | Page 2 | The Boneyard

If you're not already a fan of this team, you should be

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
The injuries last handful of years have really hurt Geno, and it would be sad if Paige is unable to win a championship during her time there. It's crazy how dominant they have been in the past. With that in mind, the mens team has taken the spotlight the last couple years.

Reaction Score
The injuries last handful of years have really hurt Geno, and it would be sad if Paige is unable to win a championship during her time there. It's crazy how dominant they have been in the past. With that in mind, the mens team has taken the spotlight the last couple years.
Eapecially on the men’s board.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Hope they do well
That's all folks..................................

Reaction Score
I went to UConn and I only say this so everyone understands I’m not just some hick in Putnam.

How often do they discuss the mens team on the womens forum?

Reaction Score
Injuries aren't the problem. The head coach refusing to recruit and use 5's will continue to haunt them until they get a new HC.

But it looks very pretty against Georgetown and Creighton.

Reaction Score
Yeah, get rid of that guy who won 11 NCs
They are welcome to keep him.

And I am free to generally ignore them until they decide to again compete at the top-most level.

I do not find the "injury-plagued UConn Women" blasting outclassed teams in the Big East the inspirational story the OP believes it to be. Certainly not worthy my re-connecting to Comcast and restarting that clock.

But that is me.

Reaction Score
I’m going to assume this is sarcasm, if not this might be the worst post in the last 12 months.

The same "sarcasm" shared by what percentage of the women's board that obsessed with the lack of centers? And is fixated by Sarah Strong?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I've always been curious what % of UConn mens fans watch the UConn women play.
I know some on here are Mens bball only. If that's you, you are missing out on a coaching clinic by one of the masters.

With another year of crippling injuries, Geno has consistently motivated the girls to show up every game and play a beautiful style of basketball.

Lacking size, the guards have learned to rebound like bigs. Nika Muhl, when she's on, is like J Kidd, A Shade is one of the best freshman shooters I've ever seen and A Edwards is in a class of her own.
Not to mention generational talent P. Bueckers.

With very little bench and a starting five who play 35-40/game, and still win by 30, we are seeing something incredible. Tune in.
Have they played South Carolina yet?

Reaction Score
I think they're going to get crushed when they run into a big athletic team down the road. They've been far too weak down low for several years now. I'll be rooting for them though.
Agree with this. It feels like every year (recently) they roll until the Final 4 and then get exposed by a team with more size or a deeper bench. Despite all the talent on his rosters Geno’s MO seems to be to limit his rotation to 6 (7 at most) and his girls end up running out of gas against teams that can play an 8+ rotation, including 2-3 decent bigs.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Really? I have Youtube TV, so I should have access. I'll check it out. Thanks!
Might have yesterdays game on replay. Keep it for 24 hours. Otherwise check out YouTube for posted replays of past three games.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I went to UConn and I only say this so everyone understands I’m not just some hick in Putnam.

How often do they discuss the mens team on the womens forum?
Some discussion. They have some crossover fans. Nan is a big fan of both teams.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Their losses are by 11, 11, and 12. To top 5 teams, with juggled lineups.
Juggled, early in the season, freshmen not yet acclimated and Bueckers not yet hitting her stride. Obviously no dominating big, but not nearly the same team that lost those games and not really trounced. Can they compete in an away game with SC, we will find out, but they just ripped apart 3 decent teams. Games weren’t close.

Reaction Score

And I am free to generally ignore them until they decide to again compete at the top-most level.

I do not find the "injury-plagued UConn Women" blasting outclassed teams in the Big East the inspirational story the OP believes it to be. Certainly not worthy my re-connecting to Comcast and restarting that clock.

But that is me.
Youre entitled to ignore them. Keep in mind they have made the national title game once and the final four twice over the last 3 years. Is that not competing on the top most level?

Reaction Score
The Aubrey Griffin injury is the one that really hurts their chances, even more so then the Fudd and Ducharme injury.
yea they don't have much athleticism to guard multiple positions now without her. that's on Geno though, he's gotta start bringing in a different caliber of athlete to round out these rosters. the women's game is evolving quickly, this team got athleticism like a 90s roster.

Reaction Score
The same "sarcasm" shared by what percentage of the women's board that obsessed with the lack of centers? And is fixated by Sarah Strong?
For a person who doesn't follow the women's team, you seem to know a lot about what's talked about on the women's board and who their recruiting targets are. Very interesting.

Reaction Score
yea they don't have much athleticism to guard multiple positions now without her. that's on Geno though, he's gotta start brining in a different caliber of athlete to round out these rosters
I don’t mean to sound krass but with Fudd and Ducharne they seemed to be slower, a lot of it was both of them having nagging injuries and were in and out of the lineup often it seemed. The freshman seemed to gell better with Paige, just my opinion.

Felt they had a legit shot to win it all until Griffin went down, but now without her it’s much harder. It sucks there are no juggernaut teams.

Reaction Score

But that is me.
Since you apparently don’t know much about the women’s Big East the last two team’s before Georgetown were nationally ranked in the top 20. And UConn smoked them both ( one by 44 in the game they lost A. Griffin in).

Reaction Score
If you are ignoring them how do you know of the fixation?

Reaction Score
Injuries aren't the problem. The head coach refusing to recruit and use 5's will continue to haunt them until they get a new HC.

But it looks very pretty against Georgetown and Creighton.
Do you realize that their highly regarded 6’5” freshman is injured and out for the year and the 6’6” DeBerry hasn’t lived up to her ranking. And they are also missing Patterson who is not a 5 but at 6’2” would have helped a lot.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
yea they don't have much athleticism to guard multiple positions now without her. that's on Geno though, he's gotta start bringing in a different caliber of athlete to round out these rosters. the women's game is evolving quickly, this team got athleticism like a 90s roster.
They’re missing 5 players, all of whom were expected to be valuable pieces of the team. Unfortunately, some of them may never get that chance. It’s hard to fault the roster if you can’t see almost half of it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom