If you're not already a fan of this team, you should be | Page 3 | The Boneyard

If you're not already a fan of this team, you should be

Reaction Score
They’re missing 5 players, all of whom were expected to be valuable pieces of the team. Unfortunately, some of them may never get that chance. It’s hard to fault the roster if you can’t see almost half of it.
I'm talking about the roster that I saw vs NC State, who else were they missing besides Patterson and El Alfy in that game? They looked unathletic and slow in that game, Patterson is an athlete, I don't believe El Alfy is.

Reaction Score
I am a fan of this team. If we're on the men's board, "this team" would be the men's team.

Reaction Score
I'm talking about the roster that I saw vs NC State, who else were they missing besides Patterson and El Alfy in that game? They looked unathletic and slow in that game, Patterson is an athlete, I don't believe El Alfy is.
Shade was DNP-CD, who starts now. It was their 2nd game, at NCSU, and NCSU played very well. Fudd and Ducharme didn’t. Fudd was injured a few days later in practice, but who knows if it wasn’t an issue in the game. Ducharme has had issues going back to last year from concussion symptoms. They were evident in that game. Not sure she’ll be playing again. Seems quite serious.

They’re playing 4 out now. They’re much faster, and much smaller. They were beaten by then #2 UCLA at tournament in Caymans, and by then #10 Texas, at Texas. Texas has since lost their top player. Not sure Texas would win a rematch.

El Alfy is also just a freshman. Her father is the head coach of the Egyptian national team. She was their top player in FIBA U-19 championships. Don’t know how her game will translate to UConn, but she seems skilled and knowledgeable.

Reaction Score
I went to UConn and I only say this so everyone understands I’m not just some hick in Putnam.

How often do they discuss the mens team on the womens forum?
Putnam Refectory?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I am a fan of this team. If we're on the men's board, "this team" would be the men's team.
Eh, the only thing wrong with this post is that it's not labeled "OT"

When I visit the Women's Board, I don't really know who more than a half dozen posters are. I'm never going to be there enough to get to know the community, and I'm much more a reader than someone to offer my opinions, even though I'be I've watched nearly every WBB game since 2020-21, after 25 years of pretty much watching only the biggest matchups and Elite Eight & beyond.

Here, I get to learn something about what people from my home group know, think, and feel about the WBB team and the season it's having. This thread probably isn't suitable for Boneyarders who aren't interested in it.

I certainly have no need to convince anybody that they ought to care about the sport or the team. But I'm quite happy to share my interest here with others, just as I do around many other subjects.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I'm a fan of the women's team. Follow them, watch the bigger games on TV and attend a couple of the biggest

People mocking Geno make me laugh. Seriously, just stop talking basketball

Injuries have hurt the team significantly in recent years, even more so than they did in the late 90's. Still last year was the first time they didn't make the Final Four in over a decade. Winning it all is hard people, especially when you're missing multiple pieces.

We'll compete, because Paige is beginning to play like the generational talent she is.

Reaction Score
confirmation of what was expected, this is what, 3 years in a row of this now?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom