If you're a recruit... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

If you're a recruit...

Reaction Score
Not trying to really shed any positive light on Akok's injury, but if I'm a recruit and I see how much that coach cares about his players the way Hurley showed how much he cared today in front of everyone... that's a guy who I know is walking the walk.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
They showed a close-up on TV of Hurley getting emotional when he saw Akok crying with his crutches on the bench. He loves his kids.

Plenty of recruits on hand today.
He has something so authentic about him. You can't not live him as a coach.

Reaction Score
The crowd was very loud when he took his bow. Great to hear.
Yeah I got chills from the Shabazz ovation. The energy in the building was really high afterwards as we closed out the game.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Adversity builds ballers.

Down to 7 guys, nothing falling at the rim, anderson making idiotic calls again. And still get the W.

That's Uconn basketball.

Went from 47-50 to 55-50, and never let Memphis back in.
18-20 from the line.
12 turnovers (4 fewer than the average number Memphis forces), and most of them in the first half.

THAT'S UConn basketball.

Reaction Score
Not trying to really shed any positive light on Akok's injury, but if I'm a recruit and I see how much that coach cares about his players the way Hurley showed how much he cared today in front of everyone... that's a guy who I know is walking the walk.
Agreed 100%. I thought Cinci was the game that “broke the damn” so to speak, get the team confident that they can pull out close wins. But today felt like a program changing game. From the recruits present, alumni at the game, and raw emotion for so many reasons during/after the game, it felt like a major breakthrough and program defining moment. Haven’t felt that in a long time.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Many coaches sell family, Dan does it naturally.

Reaction Score
As amazing as Kemba was, and all the greats before him, Bazz is a legend of another kind.

yes agree. Kemba had NBA playing along side him, Bazz didn't have near the same talent starting with him.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
yes agree. Kemba had NBA playing along side him, Bazz didn't have near the same talent starting with him.
lamb wasnt nba until his sophomore year

Reaction Score
I just mean how he contributed to 2011 as a freshman...what he led the team through after 2011, two tough years, a lot of us ripping him... then coming back as the absolute killer he was, taking us to the promised land as a 7 seed, namely through the path they had, and ending with Kentucky... undressing everyone on defense along the way with Boat... ripping hearts out with his walk-up 3s... his speech as the confetti was falling...

there will never ever be another college basketball player like Shabazz Napier

Reaction Score
If you’re a recruit today was one of the best games to attend this season. We won a tough fought game against Memphis, the energy was insane with a packed house, and unfortunately we got to see how much Hurley loves these kids. He was beyond emotional after the Akok injury. How could you not want to run thru a wall for this guy?!?!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Kind of the oppose thinking of “why would anyone ever want to play for Edsall?”

Reaction Score
If you’re a recruit today was one of the best games to attend this season. We won a tough fought game against Memphis, the energy was insane with a packed house, and unfortunately we got to see how much Hurley loves these kids. He was beyond emotional after the Akok injury. How could you not want to run thru a wall for this guy?!?!
We had what, four U-C-O-N-N chants?

if you don’t want to be playing for that, in the NBE, idk what to tell you

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom