If your going to run a trick play to start the game why not a deep ball. | The Boneyard

If your going to run a trick play to start the game why not a deep ball.

Reaction Score
It’s generally low risk, and Zion can throw deep and losens up Marshall’s D so they at least have to honor the pass. That first play a pitch I will never understand the logic there we can’t run it for 1 and it’s too high risk.

Reaction Score
The first play of the game is not the time to run a trick play. Charlton did the team no favors in the first quarter. Not happy with him. Just get your team into the game and see what they are up against. Try not to get off on the wrong foot. Later in the first half we ran a running play with 6 foot 190 Flynn running from left H back off the tackle to the middle to make a block. Play blown up of course. Charlton did not have a good day.

Reaction Score
The first play of the game is not the time to run a trick play. Charlton did the team no favors in the first quarter. Not happy with him. Just get your team into the game and see what they are up against. Try not to get off on the wrong foot. Later in the first half we ran a running play with 6 foot 190 Flynn running from left H back off the tackle to the middle to make a block. Play blown up of course. Charlton did not have a good day.
Charlton certainly did not. But to be fair, at least on TV it sure looked like that for the first half their front 7 simply had their way with our OL. Maybe that was all scheme. But I doubt it.

Reaction Score
Charlton’s game plan was a big miss. Instead of doing what we do best, pounding the rock, he was screwing around with what .. I’m not even sure. Should have run Burns and Rosa with QB under center from play 1. Burns is an excellent all around fullback with blocking, running and hands and could have helped open holes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom