If you were Muffet | The Boneyard

If you were Muffet

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
What would be your game plan and why?

Reaction Score
Let's see: I would start with daily Mass, then confession followed by several rosaries and throw in an novena or two.:eek:

Reaction Score
She may read this thread, so I'm not going to give out my secret how to beat Geno.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Be aggressive with the ball and try to draw fouls on dribble drives to the lane - also kick out to Mabrey & Co for 3pt. Our perimeter switching makes 3-pt off ball screens more difficult (not impossible -- Mabrey can shoot from phone booth) so drive & kick is better. As is often the case, foul trouble for us is their best chance and historically ND is one of the few teams that, as a group, is strong enough with the ball to make it a viable game plan.

On defense, as Sonny sez, pray the Rosary

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
Let's see: I would start with daily Mass, then confession followed by several rosaries and throw in an novena or two.:eek:

The problem then persists, since it will be Good Friday with an abstinence for carne, how she will fathom being stuffed with the dog meat she'll be encountering that night. At least on Easter Sunday she will be home looking for hidden easter eggs with the team back inside their own locker room

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I just re-watched the first half of the December game last night. Notre Dame did two things really well on offense: (a) they got a ton of offensive rebounds, including a number by Mabrey and other guards; and (b) they got backdoor baskets that you hardly ever see against UConn, taking advantage of UConn overplaying the shooters. They were able to do the offensive rebounding without giving up a lot of transition baskets, which is hard to do against UConn.

During the tournament, I've heard announcers refer to Notre Dame as a "big team", and "tough on the boards". In physical height, they are in fact a small team -- smaller than UConn (never mind Baylor / Texas / Oregon State) at least when Azura is on the floor. But they are very determined rebounders. Jessica Shepherd in particular plays much bigger than her size.

I think ND will try to do pretty much the same thing in Friday's game as they did in December, but I think Geno will have countermeasures ready. (Don't ask me what they are.) There may be less switching than usual by UConn to keep defensive rebounders under the basket, as was the case against South Carolina. I think UConn will pick up the guards high, to make passing into the post more difficult. But that is a risky strategy with someone who can penetrate as well as Ogunbowale.

I expect both teams to be offensively successful and defensively vulnerable, so I wouldn't be at all surprised by a final score such as 85-70. Even when ND was blown out by Louisville, they scored in the seventies. I think UConn will be less vulnerable defensively than ND, so I think UConn will be on the high end of that score. But it may come down to 3-point shooting: if UConn goes 1-10 in the first half so that their two-game average is 50%, and/or if ND goes 9-10 or something like that, UConn could lose the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom