If you were Muffet | The Boneyard

If you were Muffet

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
how would you go about devising a game plan for tomorrow?

Reaction Score
After all their injuries, Notre Dame really plays no defense in the first quarter, sometimes into the second. Speculation is, that with a really short rotation, they don't want to get into foul trouble early. They can come back on most teams, but probably not Uconn.
They will easily be the most physical team we play all year. They are really good at "bumping" anyone going to the basket while keeping their hands up. If the refs call it, ND will have a long night. If not, our players will have to finish after the bump.
On offense, with Mabrey at point ( Thompson was there on 12/3), it will be interesting to see how effective they are at getting the ball down low to Sheppard. Sheppard is really effective going over her left shoulder to the basket.
However, on the defensive end, Sheppard, away from the basket cant guard anybody. Watching Hines-Allen go by her numerous times was almost comical. A Knute Rockne statue moves better.
The biggest challenge for Muffett, will be when Z comes in.....She was 7/12 in the first game against ND. She is bigger AND quicker than anyone ND has. She will really be hard to stop in the post.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
We certainly have advantages
But to deride ND is silly
They played a wonderfully efficient 2nd half the other evening; really quite brilliant.

If I was Muffit, I would be looking into ways of getting Ms O. some free space to do her thing and ways for Marina to get looks.

If I was Geno, I'd be countering these moves.

Remember in the early game, we rallied with Gabby on the bench and Lou in the locker room.

We certainly have advantages (redundant) but you have to play the game.

Reaction Score

I would face guard Samuelson all over the floor and deny her touches.
I would sag off Dangerfield and force her to beat me from the outside.
I would take away the paint and force Williams to make jump shots.
I would look to pound the ball inside and use my size.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
Why do I feel like I am seeing double??? It must be split personality disorder.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
We certainly have advantages
But to deride ND is silly
They played a wonderfully efficient 2nd half the other evening; really quite brilliant.

If I was Muffit, I would be looking into ways of getting Ms O. some free space to do her thing and ways for Marina to get looks.

If I was Geno, I'd be countering these moves.

Remember in the early game, we rallied with Gabby on the bench and Lou in the locker room.

We certainly have advantages (redundant) but you have to play the game.
Oh here we go again with that "spirited 2nd half" stuff . The list of teams that can hang with UCONN for a half is short & undistinguished. ND had a double digit lead on UCONN in 4th quarter. Can't call that effort "brilliant" if you can find a way to seal the deal.

Last edited:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I would face guard Samuelson all over the floor and deny her touches.
I would sag off Dangerfield and force her to beat me from the outside.
I would take away the paint and force Williams to make jump shots.
I would look to pound the ball inside and use my size.
Who is going to face guard Lou?
What happens when CD starts nailing 3s?
Who is going to take away the paint with Z and Pheesa in the game? And Gabby is making her jump shots.
What inside size? Did it work in the last game?
But all good ideas in theory. I think Dawn and SC had similar plans...

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Why do I feel like I am seeing double??? It must be split personality disorder.
No, it is diplopia. At least the seeing double is. Now being double is a whole 'nother smoke. ;)

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Who is going to face guard Lou?
What happens when CD starts nailing 3s?
Who is going to take away the paint with Z and Pheesa in the game? And Gabby is making her jump shots.
What inside size? Did it work in the last game?
But all good ideas in theory. I think Dawn and SC had similar plans...
Remember that the original task was to devise a game plan. There was no mention of devising an effective game plan. So an A for effort, but a D- for originality. :rolleyes:

Bama fan

Reaction Score
ND has the firepower to beat UConn. If one team is off a little and the other is on, the "on" team will win.
Hopefully, UConn will be the on and ND will be the off. Go Huskies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Step 1:
bigstock-Whiskey-And-Natural-Ice-80724569.jpg

Reaction Score
If you are MM its a pick your poison set of tactics she has to deploy. My sense is that ND is most vulnerable to our inside quickness with Z, Gabby and Phee. She will have to take away space from our forwards and that leaves the perimeter a bit more open. Statistically ND's best chance is probably forcing us to play a perimeter game and hope that we aren't lights out like we were at SC. CD could play a major factor in this game from the perimeter as could Kia but my sense is Gabby and Phee will look to crash the boards and wind up with a number of second chance points.
Offensively, they'll probably want to post up Shepard and have AO look for driving opportunities. Both of those tactics are potential foul situations. They will want to slow it down given their depth and they can't afford to get Shepard gassed. A track meet is a decided UCONN advantage. If they get behind look for MM and AO to launch treys.
MM is a great coach and , unlike Dawn, will make decisive in game adjustments. Imo, this will be a very good game the outcome of which will be decided mid to late fourth quarter.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Oh here we go again with that "spirited 2nd half" stuff . The list of team that can hang with UCONN for a half is short & undistinguished. ND had a double digit lead on UCONN in 4th quarter. Can't call that effort "brilliant" if you can find a way to seal the deal.

I was refering to the other evening...

Reaction Score
Interestingly, the 3 teams in the Final along with UConn are all teams that I thought going into the tournament have the offensively capability to scoring enough points to really make a run at UConn. Just a tinch off in shooting for any of the 4 teams could be trouble for each of them - we saw that last year...

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
If I'm her I'd start with a google search to locate the closets Catholic church to the hotel they are staying in.
Bet ND could fit in at least two masses before game time tomorrow.

You can have a mass anywhere...after all, we bring the priests with us:D!

This give-and-take reminded me of a thread over at "McGraw's Bench" that's somewhat along similar lines. As most of you know, tomorrow is Good Friday (the day Jesus died) and I pointed this out to the Bench after the win over Oregon. Here's are the responses (almost all of them are just the headlines you see):

Gotta Chuckle A Bit That ND-UConn Play on Good Friday... - dillon77 2018-03-26 23:34:26 [Tag Thread] [Show All]

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom