If you thought UConn's passing game has been bad (in the past) | The Boneyard

If you thought UConn's passing game has been bad (in the past)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
I just saw this on another board, related to Tulane:

Tulane's defense has been playing well and keeping us in games. Our problem is we're getting nothing from our Quarterbacks in the passing game. Ranked dead last in the FBS at 55 Yards a game (21 last week smfh).

Holy cow. That's awful.

Reaction Score
Did Tulane fans watch any Georgia Southern games from last year to see what type of offense Willie Fritz ran? He's an option guy. Georgia Southern was dead last in the FBS in passing offense last year, but they were #1 in rushing offense.

Reaction Score
Speaking of running offenses, looked at a few minutes of Clemson/GT game and I couldn't believe how well Clemson defended the "Navy" type running offense of GT. When Navy ran against UConn it always seemed to outnumber the UConn players at the point of attack and contact was always down field. Clemson guys seemed to be everywhere the ball went, sometimes Clemson guys were able to angle so covering the ball carrier and the pitch guy, multiple Clemson guys attaching the play in GT backfield. Could be overstating this but results were GT with LESS THAN 100 yards on ground. Don't know how much was good scheme by Clemson and how much super duper athletes but if I were UConn I'd put that game in my "let's see how they did it" file for future use when playing Navy (and now maybe Tulane).

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Speaking of running offenses, looked at a few minutes of Clemson/GT game and I couldn't believe how well Clemson defended the "Navy" type running offense of GT. When Navy ran against UConn it always seemed to outnumber the UConn players at the point of attack and contact was always down field. Clemson guys seemed to be everywhere the ball went, sometimes Clemson guys were able to angle so covering the ball carrier and the pitch guy, multiple Clemson guys attaching the play in GT backfield. Could be overstating this but results were GT with LESS THAN 100 yards on ground. Don't know how much was good scheme by Clemson and how much super duper athletes but if I were UConn I'd put that game in my "let's see how they did it" file for future use when playing Navy (and now maybe Tulane).
Hot take: Clemson is better than UConn.

Reaction Score
Super duper athletes. First Q the GT QB ran right, hesitated to make a cut, and the Clemson backside DE came down and it looked like the QB was hit by a train. Kapowee!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom