If you think you can you cant but if you think you cant you cant. | The Boneyard

If you think you can you cant but if you think you cant you cant.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well Geno is faced with another version of how to make his team better then the past teams. This season he has alot of talent and some of that talent is inexperienced and needs playtime and your beginning to see it. Unfortunately the inexperience is showing and the talent is showing on and off and the consistency is not there yet...but its coming. With that said I think we are averaging over 90 pts a game in 2 games against teams we can not call cupcakes. Thats tuff for any team to match. We have alot of weapons and those weapons are getting sharper game by game. Adjustments need to be made and tweaked and and thats where inexperience is turned into confidence. It wont take much longer before UConn is a Beast Again. We have seen the drop off in play on both sides of the ball when substitutes are brought in to replace experienced starters. This will work itself out over the next few games. One thing I would really like to see is Amari start getting more minutes. We need her and she has the skills.

Today against USF I think we will see the inexperience a little dusted off. We will see improvement and confidence gained. Tomorrow we will see the light go on and the light will go on for our non starters. The reason is they are winners with winning attitudes and when the goin gets tuff the tuff get goin. I also expect UConns starters to get some rest today because they will be needed at full strength tomorrow. We have a luxury with so many weapons. This is whats gonna make us hard to beat especially when we get up to speed. There is an ole book called Think and Grow Rich. People read the book cover to cover to get the answer...however the answer is in the title Think...and grow rich. In UConns WCBB its much the same when you get here ... Think/Believe in Geno Trust in Geno and you will reach your dreams.
If you think you can...you can however if you think you cant....you cant and both are right.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Appreciate the analysis Tonyc. I have a feeling that the starters will see considerably more time on Monday in a likely matchup vs SC.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
@Tonyc I think you title needs a little fixing but I understand your point. This is actually a very strong follow to your prior post where you indicated that the substitutions are what causing the team issues at this point.
The starting 5 has achieved remarkable offensive cohesion in the first two game of the season as evidenced by the shooting and assist numbers. Of all people Paige is the only starter to have a sub 50% shooting game and the assist numbers from the starters have been off the chart-17 against Arkansas and 22 against Minnesota. On the court it shows and Christyn mentioned this in her post game interview yesterday. If you are a starter and you get yourself open you are getting the ball and that's a beautiful thing. Defensively there was a dramatic improvement in the defense in the second game. Dorka, Liv and Aaliyah are using their length and moving their feet very effectively. Don't think it will matter in this next game but what we might see is the starter going longer in the game eg., UCONN starters playing the first full quarter without substitutions. I'd also predict that Geno goes to a rotation 1 Sub at a time so as to have 4 starters on the floor at all times. Cohesion like this is very hard to achieve and harder to sustain.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom