If you need a laugh | The Boneyard

If you need a laugh

Reaction Score
Article on 247 discussing tyler Herros postseason, which to be fair has been outstanding, and this gem from the squid...

"The guys that are becoming the face of the NBA … they're our guys," UK head coach John Calipari said. "I'm not surprised. The kids that come here are just built different. We don’t get all the best players. There have been other programs that have gotten better players than us. But they don’t look the same in the NBA as our guys look."

I mean, I guess they technically don't get all the best players, but come on...

Reaction Score
Article on 247 discussing tyler Herros postseason, which to be fair has been outstanding, and this gem from the squid...

"The guys that are becoming the face of the NBA … they're our guys," UK head coach John Calipari said. "I'm not surprised. The kids that come here are just built different. We don’t get all the best players. There have been other programs that have gotten better players than us. But they don’t look the same in the NBA as our guys look."

I mean, I guess they technically don't get all the best players, but come on...
He babysits them for a year and tries not to mess up their games before they enter the draft. The fact that some of them may look good once they're in the NBA has zero to do with their 6 months of playing at UK.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Poor Calipari. I feel so bad for him that he can’t get good players.

Definitely a shot at K and Duke. He’s trying to deflect the fact that for 10+ years he has indeed gotten many of the best players but has only 1 national championship to show for it.
You need juniors and seniors to win. We went through Kentucky a few times to win it all...we had leaders. His formula is not conducive to winning it all - only to be ranked high, win the SEC, and make a run.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
He babysits them for a year and tries not to mess up their games before they enter the draft. The fact that some of them may look good once they're in the NBA has zero to do with their 6 months of playing at UK.

Fact. That's what annoys me.

Reaction Score
Has any coach done less with more?

The complete opposite of Jim Calhoun. Calhoun was great at squeezing every bity of talent from a kid's potential. Yes I'm biased being from CT, but I still JC was the most, for a lack of a better word, efficient coach when it came to developing players and coming up with a strategy to use the talent for a team's success.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
A LOT MORE 2s THAN 1s LATELY
This is a race that being #2 ain't too bad
If he isn't #1, K and Puke are, between the two programs , they havent produced anywhere near the NCs that one would expect so maybe that recruiting philosophy isn't working or the coaches aren't coaching

Reaction Score
i saw somewhere that this will be the first time a cal-coached kentucky player will win an nba title (herro and bam for miami OR ad for la) which seems incomprehensible given how many players he has put into the league...

Reaction Score
Has any coach done less with more?

The complete opposite of Jim Calhoun. Calhoun was great at squeezing every bity of talent from a kid's potential. Yes I'm biased being from CT, but I still JC was the most, for a lack of a better word, efficient coach when it came to developing players and coming up with a strategy to use the talent for a team's success.
Its simple. Jim Calhoun is an all time great coach. Calipari while a good coach is not a great coach nevermind being in the all time greats discussion. He gets the best players year after year and for about the last 15 years hes gotten the cream of the crop and has one title to show for it. Hes overrated asf!!!

Reaction Score
Definitely a shot at Duke. I can respect that.

Yep.

What many here seem to miss is that his comments aren't addressed to the boneyard, or even the general public. He's speaking to high school kids who might be trying to deceide what blue blood to attend. This year former wildcats had scored more points in the playoffs then any other college program before the finals even started. Now with additional exposure in the finals, it would be coaching malpractice not to try and use that to your advantage.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom