If you could pick one past UConn player…who would you add to this team? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

If you could pick one past UConn player…who would you add to this team?

Reaction Score
Might be a fun discussion before the season begins. If you could pick 1 player in UConn history to add to this team, who are you taking?

I’m going with Ben Gordon. His 3pt shooting, ball handling, and clutch in every huge spot.

Rashad Anderson would be my 2nd choice…most lethal 3pt shooter in UConn history. Maybe the only person who could take a huge shot and you knew it was 100% going in
Josh Boone

Reaction Score
Who cares? Hurley wouldn't play him anyway. Our best player on the team doesn't play now.

Reaction Score
Doron Sheffer or Nadav Henefeld. Both great "quarterbacks" who didn't commit turnovers, and understood spacing and placement.

Reaction Score
Chris Smith. Can handle the ball under pressure, can create his own shot and can score from 3 - all elements that this team can use.

Reaction Score
I am going tweak this question and stick to the Hurley era on this question; I would add Vital. Can you imagine Vital on this team? With his toughness and ability to make his shot, get open, make a three. Would be so ideal right now for our squad

Reaction Score
Don't think he was even mentioned in this thread. Marcus Williams. Marcus Williams in the backcourt with Cole would be sick. Williams would have a field day playing catch with all the athletes on this team.

Reaction Score
I was going to say Gordon.

I'll say Caron Butler instead. We are short a proven wing right now.
Caron is easily the pick here. We have no forwards that can do it all .

Reaction Score
There are two ways you can answer this question:
1) Jesus F. Shuttleworth
2) Be wrong

That concludes our menu.

Reaction Score
My god, this was the easiest question to answer…how did people miss it?

You add Ray Allen otherwise you got the answer wrong.
Some of these kids remember him at the end of an NBA career
Even some older guys forget what a great athlete he was . I watched some old video and I had forgotten what a terrific rebounder he was and how he could get to the hoop and elevate I remember AzJr asked me what my first impression of him was. I said this kid can really shoot. Every shot is net

Reaction Score
There were plenty of great players but my choice for his toughness alone is Caron Butler. A guy like that holds court and makes others accountable. Love this guy!

Reaction Score
When the thread started I would have leaned to Caron for his versatility to complement all our other talent, or RIP or Ray to score.

Post Atlantis it is obvious it has to be a guard that can break the press, breakdown his own man off the dribble taking it to the basket, distribute, lead with swagger, and make an open shot.. Kemba, Bazz, or Marcus, teamed with RJ Cole would be the addition that IMO would most improve team results by making everybody else better. As special features, Bazz brings the in your face on ball D, Marcus passes, drives the lane, and has some size, Kemba is clutch, and none of them turn it over. Khalid had all the qualities too, but he and Cole seem more alike and my choice would be to add a slightly different major strength.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
When the thread started I would have leaned to Caron for his versatility to complement all our other talent, or RIP or Ray to score.

Post Atlantis it is obvious it has to be a guard that can break the press, breakdown his own man off the dribble taking it to the basket, distribute, lead with swagger, and make an open shot.. Kemba, Bazz, or Marcus, teamed with RJ Cole would be the addition that IMO would most improve team results by making everybody else better. As special features, Bazz brings the in your face on ball D, Marcus passes, drives the lane, and has some size, Kemba is clutch, and none of them turn it over. Khalid had all the qualities too, but he and Cole seem more alike and my choice would be to add a slightly different major strength.

I had the same mindset about a guard with a tight handle and indominable will but was thinking Smitty or KEA.

Reaction Score
How anyone cannot say hall of famer Ray Allen is beyond me. One of the greatest 75 players in history. Until Stef Curry the greatest 3 point shooter ever.

Reaction Score
Vital because he deserves to play in the post season

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
I’d play Kemba or Chris Smith with RJ and we’d be a top five team. That would solve the ball handling and shooting issues. Ray doesn’t give you the ball handling that this team needs. Sorry

Reaction Score
Bazz, Kemba, Boat, or Khalid… a premier ball handler who can create.

Reaction Score
I am going tweak this question and stick to the Hurley era on this question; I would add Vital. Can you imagine Vital on this team? With his toughness and ability to make his shot, get open, make a three. Would be so ideal right now for our squad
Partially because he deserves it too. Missing out on some winning. But no said taliek oddly. We need a ball handler.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The Smith, KEA, Kemba and Bazz choices are not just their individual talents at dribbling, it was their ability to impose their will to win on their teammates. They absolutely did not accept less than max effort and performance from their fellow Huskies.

And that has been lacking this year. While Cole has been taking on more minutes and a larger burden than many here want part of that is no other guard or wing taking any pressure off of him. Cole is doing his thing but he hasn't been able to get others to do theirs. And that isn't necessarily a shot at Cole.
Learning how others need to he led is a learned skill which needs adaptation as situations change. That is what separates the greats from the very goods.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom