If you could be the coach... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

If you could be the coach...

Reaction Score
Agree with the rest of your post but horrible luck in the draft? Porzingis and David Lee are their only good draft picks since Ewing, they've been the worst drafting team in the history of the NBA.

They've never moved up in the lottery since the Ewing pick. It's become a running joke the last few lotteries.

Reaction Score
I would hire @dannyHAM as my lead recruiter only to get the death penalty for illegal recruiting after winning several championships
Can confirm this is probably your best post on the yard. If I was lead recruiter 5 stars would become a norm FOR SURE. ;)

Reaction Score
Agree with the rest of your post but horrible luck in the draft? Porzingis and David Lee are their only good draft picks since Ewing, they've been the worst drafting team in the history of the NBA.
To be fair in the last 20 years theyve only had 9 top 10 picks and the rest have mostly been late 1rst or into the 2nd round. They were left without a lot of pics because of poor trades. Some of those pics couldve been kept had they been among the first few picks but their lottery luck has been terrible. I dont disagree with you but theres been some bad luck involved. Heck just look at the last two lotterys.

Reaction Score
To be fair in the last 20 years theyve only had 9 top 10 picks and the rest have mostly been late 1rst or into the 2nd round. They were left without a lot of pics because of poor trades. Some of those pics couldve been kept had they been among the first few picks but their lottery luck has been terrible. I dont disagree with you but theres been some bad luck involved. Heck just look at the last two lotterys.
Sometimes, they just did not spot legitimate talent. In the 2017 draft, they could have taken Donovan Mitchell who they worked out and liked, but they took Ntilikina instead. Look how that has worked out. I read an article that Pitino had told them to pick Mitchell.

Also, they could have taken Jokic in the second round in 2014 at number 34. They took Cleanthony Early instead and yeah, how did that work out? I know all that stuff about hindsight, but with all the scouts they hire???

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

Wait, 9 top 10 picks and they’ve done nothing with them of substance, how do you think that number defends them?

Can anyone name their best pick of the last 20 years? Porzingis was a good pick but they made him miserable and traded him for jack squat.

Pretty terrible: New York Knicks Draft Picks | Basketball-Reference.com

Also, many times they had no first or nothing real high also was from terrible trades giving up draft assets for veterans that were no good.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Jets.

Can't coach Knicks because my first act would be to pummel Dolan.

I wouldn't want to recruit.

I'm a lifelong Jets fan.

Reaction Score
Wait, 9 top 10 picks and they’ve done nothing with them of substance, how do you think that number defends them?

Can anyone name their best pick of the last 20 years? Porzingis was a good pick but they made him miserable and traded him for jack squat.

Pretty terrible: New York Knicks Draft Picks | Basketball-Reference.com

Also, many times they had no first or nothing real high also was from terrible trades giving up draft assets for veterans that were no good.
because while theyve been the worst team in the league theyve never had the number 1 pick and only one top 3 pick. Of course theyve also drafted poorly im not disputing that.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
because while theyve been the worst team in the league theyve never had the number 1 pick and only one top 3 pick. Of course theyve also drafted poorly im not disputing that.

Granted. Neither did the Warriors though. Some teams, especially big market, do much more with NO top 10 picks. Teams should be able to do something positive with 9 top 10 lottery picks. It’s extremely inept.

Just saying, you posted it saying “to be fair they’ve only had ...” 9 top 10 picks. A team that has had that many top 10 picks should be much better than terrible for 20 years straight.

Reaction Score
Knicks, simply because it's a basketball team. I think basketball offers the quickest path to a turnaround -- with only five players, one new player can be the difference maker. BTW, great question.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I recommend Jumper for the knicks

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member