If you care about Uconn basketball | Page 7 | The Boneyard

If you care about Uconn basketball

Reaction Score
the contract differentiates between the salary and the media appearance payout, but his buyout says that he's entitled to the sum of both through the life of the contract
Just got to that part now, seems pretty straightforward that we'd owe him $600K for his salary and $9.4M for the media appearances. Outside of KO volunteering to take less I don't see how we get out of paying him that full buyout

Reaction Score
Just got to that part now, seems pretty straightforward that we'd owe him $600K for his salary and $9.4M for the media appearances. Outside of KO volunteering to take less I don't see how we get out of paying him that full buyout
yeah we're kind of screwed. either KO has to really screw up and get fired with cause or we will need some donors and alum to step up big time. it doesn't look like we can afford to fire him for a couple years. If we had P5 money it'd be a different story.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Maybe he could just be fired from coaching but still do media appearances? That way we’d only have to pay him $600k.

And, he does do good media appearances.

Reaction Score
Maybe he could just be fired from coaching but still do media appearances? That way we’d only have to pay him $600k.

And, he does do good media appearances.
That was my thinking at first, but we'd still be paying him the same amount of money so it wouldn't free up any more money to pay the next coach

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I've been offline for a few days - can someone give a casual fan like me an update on how that GoFundMe for Ollie's buyout is going? Much appreciated. Many thanks.

Reaction Score
ok who do we bring in? who can recruit? who has FF experience? We should fire him 7 games into a season and throw this school and the players in even more negative spotlight right now?
Good lord. Please stop with this idiotic line of thinking. "Who will we get ?" Is not the question that should be preventing UConn from moving on from Ollie. Just stop. You're basically saying "Ollie and his mediocre results are good enough". No, they're not.

Reaction Score
I have always said that Ollie bascule an NBA mentality when it comes to coaching. In some ways because is much closer to Pasaualoni than Diaco in that sense.

Reaction Score
Your that one fan sitting in the arena by yourself enjoying garbage. Trying to convince yourself that Ollie is the guy.

Go watch the women your posts are pitiful here. Maybe you can join the club superjohn and JMick just started see what you can find out.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The only solution is for Ollie to start coaching better. I wish he was secure enough to get a consigliere.

Reaction Score
The only solution is for Ollie to start coaching better. I wish he was secure enough to get a consigliere.
Wow! That’s the solution? And the only solution to world peace is for everyone to get along better. And the solution to the opioid crisis is for people to Stop misusing opioids. Who knew it was so simple. Ollie should just coach better.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Wow! That’s the solution? And the only solution to world peace is for everyone to get along better. And the solution to the opioid crisis is for people to Stop misusing opioids. Who knew it was so simple. Ollie should just coach better.

There is no other solution, hence the use of "only". We can't fire the guy. Not just the money, we can't afford to start from scratch. Besides, odds are we blow the hire.

Reaction Score
There may be a way out of the contract. The AD needs to think outside the box.

Would he blow the subsequent hire? Maybe. But maybe he wouldn't. And he likely won't do it alone.

Reaction Score
You guys are beginning to sound like the Maryland mob that wanted Edsall's head.
Firing a coach who won a NCAA title....and struggling with the young and injured starting players.....unreal

Reaction Score
Boneyard: We need to drop football and go to the BE because $ - the school will shut down by June if we don't find any more money

Also Boneyard: We need to fire X coach immediately - no matter the buyout!

Reaction Score
Boneyard: We need to drop football and go to the BE because $ - the school will shut down by June if we don't find any more money

To be fair, most of the fire Ollie folks are also football fans.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score

Post/Handle

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom