If you are rooting against ESPN | Page 3 | The Boneyard

If you are rooting against ESPN

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
I'm not a fan of ESPN, especially their televised WCBB games. Ever notice that after nearly ever made basket the camera/director "pulls back" so that you get a view of the game from the peanut gallery? Then as the offense moves into their court the camera moves back so that you can actually see the game. Usually, though, close-ups are restricted to foul shots, times out, and official play reviews.......which, by the way, seem to be more frequent and more time consuming than ever. Bah Humbug.

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see how the entire cord cutting phenomenon plays out. Right now people are using a number of different services to bypass traditional cable offerings and are saving a good bit of money in the process. That said for many people, myself included, the cable company is also my ISP. What happens when the value of traditional cable TV goes down, but the demand for better/faster internet connections continues to go up? What happens when the companies that provide these services are one in the same? How do people expect to circumvent paying a premium for programming when the same companies provide the conduit for receiving it? Right now traditional cable is still profitable, but as subscribers move to streaming based services it is only a matter of time before prices escalate.

Reaction Score
Big Cable consumers have just had enough...

When bills finally crossed the $250/month threshold (and I didn't have the absolute top end plan), I got sick of it.
At that number, it was more than some rents I was paying years ago. (Okay, Okay, Okay - I never lived at the Ritz) At that number, Comcast should have had a keg delivered to everyone's door and Kate Upton (or Julie Christie...) pulling the tap! The biggest surprise to me was that "Big Cable" didn't see it coming. The whole paradigm shift has already taken hold. If I wasn't such an dinosaur, I would have moved sooner.

Reaction Score
Anyone tried VUE that can give a review?

Yes, I have Vue. I live in New Haven county. I pay 35/month and get the basic cable package with all the ESPN, Fox Sports, bein (all great soccer channels), i also get AMC, FX, TBS, etc. for most of the stuff I need. It's all pretty reasonable, honestly. And it's very responsive and I rarely have issues with bandwidth, etc. If you have bad internet, I'm not sure how it'd go.

Feel free to PM me any questions.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see how the entire cord cutting phenomenon plays out. Right now people are using a number of different services to bypass traditional cable offerings and are saving a good bit of money in the process. That said for many people, myself included, the cable company is also my ISP. What happens when the value of traditional cable TV goes down, but the demand for better/faster internet connections continues to go up? What happens when the companies that provide these services are one in the same? How do people expect to circumvent paying a premium for programming when the same companies provide the conduit for receiving it? Right now traditional cable is still profitable, but as subscribers move to streaming based services it is only a matter of time before prices escalate.
There was a good discussion on this a year or so ago. The cable companies are double-dipping and once the transition to stream-dependent services becomes more prevalent, it's likely that ISP's will move to pay-per-bandwidth (which some have already started to do). Either way, these guys hold the keys and they want their money.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

It's already happened with me in Florida with Cox cable. They now have a basic internet data package of 1TB/mo. Exceed that and they start billing you in 50GB blocks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom