If you are getting a security certificate warning on the boneyard | The Boneyard

If you are getting a security certificate warning on the boneyard

temery

What?
Reaction Score
1). There is absolutely no problem with this site's security. A particular browser won't accept that www.the-boneyard.com is the same as the-boneyard.com.

2). If you get the pop up saying the site's name doesn't match the security certificates name, send me a pm or email (tom@emery.net) with a screen capture of the message, and what OS and browser you are using. Huge bonus if you can click view certificate and send me a screen capture.

3). If you get the pop up, try going to www.the-boneyard.com instead of the-boneyard.com. I can't imagine it'll work, but the support person I've been taking with said it's worth a try.

4). I just realized that if you are being blocked because of an invalid certificate, you won't be able to read this post, so ... never mind.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
does this also apply to warning points? I keep getting a notice that says I have insufficient privileges to post in certain threads because of "warning points" but I don't think I have any?

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I will look for it again I moved to chrome because it was an issue.

EDIT - cannot replicate right now - All day Monday and Tuesday... on IE 11

upload_2017-8-9_12-47-24.png

Reaction Score
does this also apply to warning points? I keep getting a notice that says I have insufficient privileges to post in certain threads because of "warning points" but I don't think I have any?
I think those are just moderator locked threads. The only ones with sufficient privileges to post in those threads are mods

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
This is NOT the actual error but very similar to this. Cannot make it happen today:

112189-uccx-certificate-error-01.gif

Reaction Score
Thanks for the info on the certificate problem.
Was forced to use my smartphone to read the BY because of the pop up certificate on my laptop.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Thanks for the info on the certificate problem.
Was forced to use my smartphone to read the BY because of the pop up certificate on my laptop.

The horrors!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
I was getting this crap all the time thru I.E. 11 ... Google's browser has no such issue...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom