If WVU isn't on home schedule | The Boneyard

If WVU isn't on home schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
PLEASE get a marquee opponent to take their place, Dr. Herbst, Mr. Pendergast. Boise is fine, Florida State better. Don't need a third team in the UMass-Buffalo class. That is all.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't get your hopes up. You're talking about filling a home date in less than a year's time. I'm thinking it's gonna be an FCS opponent.

And it won't be UConn's fault.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
just wondering-would u guys rather have a away game at OK or FSU(or others BCS wise) added in that slot or a home game vs fordham????

Reaction Score
I don't want to play either of those schools unless we are ready. Getting pasted by OK again would suck and losing to FSU would only help their argument that we suck and are of no use to the ACC.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Replace a home game with a home game. Only give it up for a 1-for-1 with a name school.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
We already lost our I-AA game (UMass upgraded). I would bet my mortgage it's a I-AA, if the spot opens.

Reaction Score
The only realistic choices will be for the remaining Big East schools to add a I-AA opponent or to double-up on one conference opponent. There would not be seven big-time opponents sitting around waiting for seven Big East schools to call them for home and homes starting this fall.

Reaction Score
Yeah, it will. Why aren't we leaving too?
because in order to leave you need an invite to go, it's not our choice or we would be gone already, so how is it our fault?

Reaction Score
if WV moves this year to the B12, all seven remaining teams will be short a game. the only way to address this is to play an extra game with each other. It would be an unbalanced schedule, but I don't see any other alternative with such a short time to try to fill the schedule.

Reaction Score
If there are six conference games next year they would need to balance out the home and away games to 3 - 3, which means a conference game that is currently scheduled to be an away game would be the replacement home game.

This give us an opportunity to schedule an away game to replace WVU or schedule a 7th home game on that date.

Reaction Score
Threw this topic up for discussion hoping some legal wizard would weigh in that replacing WVU with (insert MAC or I-AA team here) dilutes value of a UConn season ticket, which is the argument I hope someone is making somewhere

Reaction Score
If there are six conference games next year they would need to balance out the home and away games to 3 - 3, which means a conference game that is currently scheduled to be an away game would be the replacement home game.

This give us an opportunity to schedule an away game to replace WVU or schedule a 7th home game on that date.

This is a good point and one that I had not considered. It's possible, but it's still going to be tough to find a big name opponent with an open slot this year. There are a few, but not many.

Reaction Score
Why isn't it a part of the agreement that WVU has to pay for a BSC home game this season for each team?

Reaction Score
I am hopeful that one of the stipulations is that a team would have to replace West Virginia this season as a Big East member. That is the most logical thing. If they can switch conferences so quickly why can't another school?

Reaction Score
I don't want to play either of those schools unless we are ready. Getting pasted by OK again would suck and losing to FSU would only help their argument that we suck and are of no use to the ACC.
So we should be afraid to play good teams or somebody of the caliber of WVU.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Because the ethically challenged weasel in charge of the AD since 2003 didn't do his job . . .

And that explains our not being one of the most recent 3 to leave after he was shitcanned how?

Reaction Score
Hopefully any agreement to let WVU go requires them to play all of their OOC games against BE teams. That would mean that 3 teams wouldn't have to find a replacement at this late date.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Replace a home game with a home game. Only give it up for a 1-for-1 with a name school.

Pretty funny. With zero leverage they are going to
A. Find a name school willing to take a 1-1
B. Find a name school who is willing to break a contract on another game to play their road game 7 months from now

If WVU leaves without a replacement they are going to play a Big East school twice - it will be good for Carl - he can give a history lesson on the UMass doubleheader in 1998. Which luckily is the most interesting thing that happened in UConn football history before the upgrade.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Pretty funny. With zero leverage they are going to
A. Find a name school willing to take a 1-1
B. Find a name school who is willing to break a contract on another game to play their road game 7 months from now

Hence, I say we keep the home game. Try to keep up.

Reaction Score
And that explains our not being one of the most recent 3 to leave after he was ****canned how?

You don't think this game was being played long before Hathaway left?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Hence, I say we keep the home game. Try to keep up.

Yeah, I'm pointing out that you can't play a home game against a name team. If you want a home game, you need the phone numbers of the members of the A-10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom