If We Were In a Better Conference | Page 2 | The Boneyard

If We Were In a Better Conference

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
wait wut? I was making fun of Louisville. They weren't that good in C-USA.
Don't try wiggling out of it with your so called facts! We are angry and you are a convenient target.

aaa kobe.JPG

Last edited:

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Right, and you posted "seems like you're meeting expectations". Which made the post sound like you agreed with the poster, because I don't think a single UConn fan believes we are currently meeting expectations.
I didn't know I'd have to explain myself this much.

1. OP said he/she thought UConn would be like Louisville in old C-USA (implying they hoped to dominate the league)
2. I pointed out that Louisville actually wasn't that good in old C-USA (they were pretty average in league play throughout the decade of old C-USA)
3. Connecticut obviously has not been very good in league play in the American the past few years
4. Thus, if the goal was to be Louisville of the old C-USA, then UConn has met that expectation.
5. I hate Louisville so I couldn't help but make fun of them.
6. I love you guys.
7. That is all

Reaction Score
We love talking about the Big East, ACC, and B10. Out of the 39 teams that play in those conferences, only Pitt is worse than us in the kenpom: UConn 163, Pitt 204. The only team from those conferences we are within 30 spots of is Rutgers at 134. For even more fun, the only teams in the AAC with a lower ranking than us are ECU and USF, two third-world basketball programs.

The only argument for Kevin Ollie is his buyout. Any other argument deserves to have that person institutionalized.

Ah yes... buy him out right now do we can slip into ultimate doomage which I call, a black hole.

Reaction Score

1. OP said he/she thought UConn would be like Louisville in old C-USA (implying they hoped to dominate the league)
2. I pointed out that Louisville actually wasn't that good in old C-USA (they were pretty average in league play throughout the decade of old C-USA)
3. Connecticut obviously has not been very good in league play in the American the past few years
4. Thus, if the goal was to be Louisville of the old C-USA, then UConn has met that expectation.
6. I love you guys.
7. That is all
It's all good but be careful..... the next thing you'll be saying is Cronin is a better coach then KO and you'll see people like Mau and Stainmaster blame the conference...... and you'll be defending your self all over again.... HAHAHA

Reaction Score
The Flagship University of Rhode Island is up to 22 in this week's ranking. I think they are A10.
But according to many many posters here Hurley is a terrible coach and the problem here is the conference..... I guess if you try following that idiotic logic the A-10 must be a much better conference than the AAC. And I thought most of the stupid people were in Florida... I guess I left a lot more than I thought back in CT. LOL

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
But according to many many posters here Hurley is a terrible coach and the problem here is the conference..... I guess if you try following that idiotic logic the A-10 must be a much better conference than the AAC. And I thought most of the stupid people were in Florida... I guess I left a lot more than I thought back in CT. LOL

Actually recruiting is the only problem. /s

Reaction Score
Ah yes... buy him out right now do we can slip into ultimate doomage which I call, a black hole.
No where did I say fire Ollie today. I don't think any reasonable argument can be made that ridding UConn of KO on 1/29 helps us for this year or next.

Reaction Score
Right, and you posted "seems like you're meeting expectations". Which made the post sound like you agreed with the poster, because I don't think a single UConn fan believes we are currently meeting expectations.
Come on, the guy was obviously trying to lighten things up by putting down Loserville. Think more so Memphis with Calamari was the star team in weaker league.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

Is there one person on this board that has called Hurley a terrible coach?

Reaction Score
Come on, the guy was obviously trying to lighten things up by putting down Loserville. Think more so Memphis with Calamari was the star team in weaker league.
Relax. I was simply explaining how myself and others interpreted his post. He cleared it up and both of us have moved on, your turn.

Reaction Score
Isn’t the AAC a top 5 or 6 conference? How many conferences are there in D1? 20?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Yes. @wtdmdcanibuyavowel

I don't know what this means. Either way, it's not "many posters here" that think he's a terrible coach. I haven't seen any posts saying it, and while I'm not saying you're a liar, it's definitely not as widespread as Uconniki is saying.

Reaction Score
For all those who have said that CR has been the culprit of our downfall consider this: Pitt and St. John’s are a combined 0-19 in their conferences ACC and BE. I have watched both of those teams multiple times this year and though they have blowout losses they have also had competive losses against good teams, and I feel they are both better teams than we currently are. This not to say that they are good but how would we fare if we switched positions in their conferences? I fear that it could be worse than what it has been even though our OOC has been much stronger.
We are now the patsy on the AAC schedule for many teams right now and I did not see this coming a few years ago when I thought we would be the Memphis or the Louisville of old CUSA getting nearly automatic bids every year. No doubt we were hurt recruiting wise by the switch but the fact is that we aren’t treading water where we are.
I think you should have titled your thread "If we were in a better conference AND had a better coaching staff". For example...."If we were in a better conference and Jim Calhoun was still our coach"....

Reaction Score
I don't know what this means. Either way, it's not "many posters here" that think he's a terrible coach. I haven't seen any posts saying it, and while I'm not saying you're a liar, it's definitely not as widespread as Uconniki is saying.
No it's not, he's the only one I can think of who repeated craps on Hurley. I wasn't picking an argument, just pointing out the exception....
@Whtdmd whose handle I couldn't remember

Reaction Score
CUSA would put a couple of teams in the tourney and usually Memphis was in every year. Most UConn fans thought we would dominate this league at the start and that has not proven true. We have been middle of the pack and trending downward. The coaching is bad I’ll give you but the recruiting of shooters is worse and today’s game requires the 3 no matter what conference a team is in.

Reaction Score

6. I love you guys.
7. That is all
Stop making me like Cincinnati. You're a monster.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Why do people repeat this over and over? This has been proven false multiple times.

It's more coaching than recruiting, but you can't say recruiting hasn't been an issue, whether that's getting top talent, or just as importantly, identifying needs and recruiting those needs successfully.

We have no shooters currently on the roster. That's a recruiting issue. And we've had mediocre bigs for years, from prioritizing the wrong guys and not casting a deep enough net.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
It's more coaching than recruiting, but you can't say recruiting hasn't been an issue, whether that's getting top talent, or just as importantly, identifying needs and recruiting those needs successfully.

We have no shooters currently on the roster. That's a recruiting issue. And we've had mediocre bigs for years, from prioritizing the wrong guys and not casting a deep enough net.

If we got better players but our coaching continued to be poor we’d just create more Jalens..

Reaction Score
No, not in hoops.

I think the AAC is ahead of the Pac 12 right now in bball, and i don't think the numbers put it that far behind a couple of the others ranked above it. A couple really bad programs at the bottom have been the distinguishing factor the past several years.

Reaction Score
No it's not, he's the only one I can think of who repeated craps on Hurley. I wasn't picking an argument, just pointing out the exception....
@Whtdmd whose handle I couldn't remember
If u think a guy who haven't won a conference title in 8 yrs in two low to middle major league is a good coach; then I have a bridge to see u

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If we got better players but our coaching continued to be poor we’d just create more Jalens..

Give three 43% shooters, and we'd hit a lot more open shots. Which would make everyone look better. And probably win a few more games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom