If we have players that haven’t won | The Boneyard

If we have players that haven’t won

Reaction Score
A title in the Ring of Honor. Why would we not consider Christian as a nominee for his stewardship through these tough years?

Poe

Reaction Score
Do you think Jalen Adams should be up there as well? What about players like Craig Austrie, Niels, etc.

I really like Christian, but you can’t water down the honor by putting him up there. It should take some really special things to get your name up there, but unfortunately Christian hasn’t done that.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Do you think Jalen Adams should be up there as well? What about players like Craig Austrie, Niels, etc.

I really like Christian, but you can’t water down the honor by putting him up there. It should take some really special things to get your name up there, but unfortunately Christian hasn’t done that.

Rudy Gay is in the Ring. And CV's last two seasons compare very favorably (if not better) to Gay's two years here. Win shares is the same (9.3).

Then again, I don't think Gay belongs there. But given he is in there, then CV deserves some consideration.

Reaction Score
Rudy Gay is in the Ring. And CV's last two seasons compare very favorably (if not better) to Gay's two years here. Win shares is the same (9.3).

Then again, I don't think Gay belongs there. But given he is in there, then CV deserves some consideration.
I agree on Gay. The ultimate Mr November in my opinion

Reaction Score
I like CV ..... BUT...Do not compare Rudy and CV..

What the hell. Obviously you have no perspective on UConn basketball.

The ring of honor is for the greatest players. Not good players people like..

Participation trophy anyone ?????

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

I don't consider Gay anywhere near the greatest players in UConn history. I can't imagine why anyone would.

Reaction Score
I don't consider Gay anywhere near the greatest players in UConn history. I can't imagine why anyone would.
Well the NABC must have thought he was half decent because they named him first team All America, which is why he’s on the wall. Anyone who was first team All America gets on the wall.

He was also named second team All America by the AP.

Vital comparisons are comical.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Well the NABC must have thought he was half decent because they named him first team All America, which is why he’s on the wall. Anyone who was first team All America gets on the wall.

He was also named second team All America by the AP.

Really, anyone? Where's Thabeet?

The joke to me is how Gay is in the Ring and Ben Gordon isn't. My memories of Gay taking over a game or doing something special when the team had its back to the wall in a key game are few and far between and bordering on non-existent.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score

As Hurley said, when we hang banner #5 in 2 or 3 years, it’s going to have CVs fingerprints all over it.

Sometimes being an all-time great is more than stats / wins.

He will be remembered as the young man who dragged this program through its darkest times into the light, and unfortunately never had the chance to write his final chapter. He deserves to be on that wall.

Reaction Score

Calm down. Just a question. Isn’t Art Quinby and other guys from a time long ago up there? Not to knock them, but cv is a solid producer in almost every category. And he handed over the keys the right way.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

The joke to me is how Gay is in the Ring and Ben Gordon isn't. My memories of Gay taking over a game or doing something special when the team had its back to the wall in a key game are few and far between and bordering on non-existent.
I agree on thabeet though. So forgotten bc his nba career sucked. He still is a top 5 center over the last 15 years in D1.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

Does the space between your paragraphs mark each time you took another drink? Your post wants to argue for a realistic perception & judgment, yet it closes with something more absurd than what you are criticizing.

Reaction Score
I agree on thabeet though. So forgotten bc his nba career sucked. He still is a top 5 center over the last 15 years in D1.
I agree that Thabeet has been somewhat forgotten. I think that entire 2009 season is as well because its overshadowed by the Championship teams. 2009 is our only Final Four team that did not win a Championship and nobody from that team is on the wall at Gampel. When I think of Hasheem Thabeet, the first thing that comes to mind is how much he improved from his first season to his last. His defense/blocked shots and rebounding were always solid, but once he started to develop his offensive game, he really became a dominant player.

Reaction Score
I agree that Thabeet has been somewhat forgotten. I think that entire 2009 season is as well because its overshadowed by the Championship teams. 2009 is our only Final Four team that did not win a Championship and nobody from that team is on the wall at Gampel. When I think of Hasheem Thabeet, the first thing that comes to mind is how much he improved from his first season to his last. His defense/blocked shots and rebounding were always solid, but once he started to develop his offensive game, he really became a dominant player.

Kemba.

Reaction Score
CV was the heart and soul of the program this year, I however would not put him in the same class as the ring of honor members. I agree gay shouldn’t be in, but I wouldn’t compound one mistake by making another and putting another player who shouldn’t be up there in. Doesn’t mean we don’t appreciate his contribution and he will always be remembered fondly

Reaction Score

Ben will be up there, right now there's other things he needs to focus on

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom