If we had Pat Young...... | The Boneyard

If we had Pat Young......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Are our centers getting better? They need to. I'm not seeing any improvement.

Reaction Score
if we had Patric Young there would be a post after every game asking why hasn't dude improved or why isn't he better. AO took a killing on this board and Young is less effective than he was. don't get gassed off of what he did tonight.

Reaction Score
You sack of , nothing to live for, ----- sucking, -----head. Phenomenal win, great energy, the BY is alive with love, and your decrepit mind comes up with this pathetic attempt at dragging people down to your level of misery.

Eat Duke and Die, LOSER.

Reaction Score
Yea this was one of the best games of his career. And it wasn't pretty down low for our guys, but this was the best frontcourt they've faced yet. It's good to get that kind of experience before conference play (and come away with a W). Hopefully they improve..

Reaction Score
if we had Patric Young there would be a post after every game asking why hasn't dude improved or why isn't he better. AO took a killing on this board and Young is less effective than he was. don't get gassed off of what he did tonight.

No kidding. If we had Patric Young he'd replace Boatright and Omar as the 'yard whipping boy. I've never seen him play a game remotely like that.

Reaction Score
I thought Brimah's post defense was a lot better in the second half than the first. Young just made a tough shot over him. First half it was easy. So yes, I saw improvement. Brimah can now learn from this. He's probably never faced anyone that strong before.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
You sack of , nothing to live for, ----- sucking, -----head. Phenomenal win, great energy, the BY is alive with love, and your decrepit mind comes up with this pathetic attempt at dragging people down to your level of misery.

Eat Duke and Die, LOSER.

Why do people like you feel the need to be so cryptic.

If you have something to say, come right out and say it....

Reaction Score
We don't have a strong body down low, the closest thing to it is Tyler who is slow but there's no sense wishing for something we can't get this year. In 2 years Brimah will be bulkier and more skilled and hopefully Lubin will be a force, but this year we have to get it done a different way.

Reaction Score
In 42 minutes of total playing time for Brimah, Olander, Nolan and Facey they combined for 5 points, 2 rebounds and 12 fouls. That's just not going to get it done.

Reaction Score
I thought Brimah's post defense was a lot better in the second half than the first. Young just made a tough shot over him. First half it was easy. So yes, I saw improvement. Brimah can now learn from this. He's probably never faced anyone that strong before.

I thought he held his hands too low on D. It took him too long to react to offensive moves. Gotta keep those hand up and react quicker. Young did a nice job tonight.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Well, you know what I mean. Leaves a lot less margin for error.

Yeah, I do.

And I am still pretty upbeat.

Facey and Brimah are both freshmen....and Nolan is still a sophomore...I am expecting improvement, all season.

Reaction Score
Olander plays the worst defense of any big we've ever had as part of the rotation. He is seemingly always out of position or slow to react. He is the rare player who seems to get worst every year.
I'm just glasd he spits fire though.

Reaction Score
noeynox said:
Olander plays the worst defense of any big we've ever had as part of the rotation. He is seemingly always out of position or slow to react. He is the rare player who seems to get worst every year.
I'm just glasd he spits fire though.

I dunno. He's actually consistently been in position this year when I've observed him. He just isn't athletic enough to be a deterrent many times. Athletic guys just jump and shoot over him.

C

Chief00

Our big man coach again wore a pink tie and matching pink socks. I first thought it was the breast cancer thing the first game but this is getting ridiculous. If he can do it and out rebound the opponent fine but when you are getting killed on the boards set a tougher more masculine tone.

C

Chief00

Chief would be making a post after every crab hook that clanged off the rim saying maybe its time to re-hire Clyde V.
Yes, in a moment hire the dude back!

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
noeynox said:
Olander plays the worst defense of any big we've ever had as part of the rotation. He is seemingly always out of position or slow to react. He is the rare player who seems to get worst every year. I'm just glasd he spits fire though.

I enjoyed a hundred things about this post. A hundred.

Reaction Score
When uconn plays a team with good bigs, there will be hell to pay if bazz is having an off night. That nickname mighty mouse should have been his

Reaction Score
Chief00 said:
Our big man coach again wore a pink tie and matching pink socks. I first thought it was the breast cancer thing the first game but this is getting ridiculous. If he can do it and out rebound the opponent fine but when you are getting killed on the boards set a tougher more masculine tone.

If this was anyone else I'd assume it was sarcastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom