If we had a team as good as Villanova's | The Boneyard

If we had a team as good as Villanova's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We wouldn't lose to NC state. That just shows how good ollie is. Idk watching Nova makes me think we have a good future. we wouldn't be down 12 to nc state if we had that team. Ollie is a great coach. Stfu haters. Ollie makes the most out of his team. I'd like us to join a better conference but look at our woman's team. They'll probably win 10 in a row out of the American. Nothing can stop us if we have the right players. Peace.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Personally, I thought Nova has been overrated all season.... if they were in the ACC, their record would be closer to what NC State's was.... (Funny how they became a perennial top 10 team, once all the big dogs left the big east, although 09 they had a squad)
Eventhough my bracket is pretty much toilet paper at this point.... But I did have the Wolfpack beating Nova

Reaction Score
So, so many stupid threads the past few days. Are people just drunk, or are we getting stupider?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Nova's big guy (23) might be the most useless hunk of meat I've ever witnessed on a hoops court. Just timid on both ends.

Reaction Score
This is why you can't put a sleeper #1 seed to win it all in your bracket. FML. my bracket is busted with these Nova guys

Reaction Score
Ollie is a great defensive coach. He's okay offensively. The problem with Nova is that they are constructed to shoot the three. If they're off and surrender the paint, they lose.

Reaction Score
I mean I don't really get what OP is getting at but this is the exact reason I was fine with getting a bad seed last season. We got to play nova in the second round who inflates there record in the overrated Big East. Not saying the AAC is better than the Big east but the Big East isn't as far ahead as the committe believes. Finally one of my upsets in my bracket comes true. Next up San Diego state over Duke

Reaction Score
Nova got a tough draw. LSU or NC State? Sheesh. I wasn't sold on Nova but those are two talented teams.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Nova can shoot the three - no doubt about it
BUT that was always the MO of every Nova team
Once all the real men left the BE, Nova becomes the main team
They were worthy of a 1 seed via their record but I never saw them as a 1 seed
They may be BMOC in the NBE but in any P5 they are middle of the pack
Jay Wright is not a tournament coach nor does he recruit a team that can be successful on a consistent basis in the NCAA tournament

caw

Reaction Score
Personally, I thought Nova has been overrated all season.... if they were in the ACC, their record would be closer to what NC State's was.... (Funny how they became a perennial top 10 team, once all the big dogs left the big east, although 09 they had a squad)
Eventhough my bracket is pretty much toilet paper at this point.... But I did have the Wolfpack beating Nova

It's kind of amazing that with all the star high school kids they get they haven't been past the first weekend since 08-09. Wonder if they had not made that run if Jay Wright is on the hot seat or gone already. 1 FF, 1 EE, 2 SS in 14 seasons.

Started 3 seasons in the NIT at Nova (which is understandable) then 5 NCAAs where he goes 11-5 in 5 seasons. Since then he is 3-5, with no SS, one missed tournament and three losses in the second round as a 1 or 2 seed.

Reaction Score
Ripper32 said:
Ollie is a great defensive coach. He's okay offensively. The problem with Nova is that they are constructed to shoot the three. If they're off and surrender the paint, they lose.

I think they attempted 400 threes against us last year.

Reaction Score
My biggest nightmare. If Georgetown loses and they are losing right now... they will be no Northeast team left in the NCAA. Sad days coming for Northeast basketball. The northeast is getting shut out of big time NCAA just like college football. I wonder how much longer will Connecticut be able to hold, and Syracuse (under sanctions).... that's it

Reaction Score
2 years in a row that the NBE was given very high seeds and did nothing with them (note: Georgetown is about to go out).

Reaction Score
2 years in a row that the NBE was given very high seeds and did nothing with them (note: Georgetown is about to go out).

crazy... Xavier is the only one in the Sweet 16 right now that belongs to the Big East. And they are not even from the Northeast.

Our geographic region is losing strength. I don't like what I see.

Reaction Score
The northeast is definitely sliding. It's especially hurt by St. John's that really can't effectively recruit NYC due to their campus situation. St. John's should be dominant with the right coach and better facilities.

Reaction Score
I know of a northeast team that won it all in 2011 and 2014. I hear their women's program is pretty good too.

Yeah. We not even in the tourney right now.

Our Region is getting picked apart just like College football in the Northeast was killed.

Its only a matter of years before people stop watching college basketball in the Northeast and the rest is history. Sad Sad Sad

Reaction Score
The northeast is definitely sliding. It's especially hurt by St. John's that really can't effectively recruit NYC due to their campus situation. St. John's should be dominant with the right coach and better facilities.

But what has the northeast ever won other than Uconn? Syracuse in 2003 with in ineligible players? 4 Uconn championships since CCNY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom