If We Go Independent In Football... Scheduling | Page 7 | The Boneyard

If We Go Independent In Football... Scheduling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Any thoughts about what's feasible in terms of longer term arrangements with other programs?
What might we see? What would you like to see?
Perhaps Uconn should attempt to get back into a Yankee Conference schedule. All the New England states have teams and are much better suited in terms of personnel and fan base.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
2020 Dates - decided to list the dates that are filled rather than open.

UConn (has 9/3, 9/12, 9/19 and 9/26 filled with UMass, at Illinois, Maine and Indiana respectively), so four games set.

• Miami (has 9/5, 9/19 and 9/26 filled)
  • Vtech (has 9/5, 9/12 and 9/19 filled)
  • SMU (has 9/5, 9/12 and 9/19 filled)
  • UCF (has 9/5, 9/19 filled)
  • FIU (has 9/26 and 10/24 filled)
  • La Tech (has 9/5, 9/12 and 11/21 filled)
  • Southern Miss (has 9/5, 9/26 and 10/24 filled)
  • UAB (has 9/3, 9/19 and 9/26 filled, usually plays an OOC in Nov)
  • Air Force (has 9/19, 10/3 filled and a tbd with Army)
  • Arkansas (has 9/5 and 9/12 filled - usually plays an OOC in late Oct or Nov)
  • Coastal Carolina (has 9/12 and 9/26 filled and a tbd with South Carolina, has Oct and Nov OOCs planned in future)
  • Louisiana Lafayette (has 9/5, 10/24 and 11/21 filled)
  • TCU (has 9/5 filled)
Game #5: Get TCU on the calendar for October as a body bag game. If that can't be, then try for 9/19 and rebook Maine for October.

Game #6; Get UCF signed up for a home and home for an October game. Their schedule is wide open. Toss in basketball if you must.

Game #7: Try to set up a home and home with VTech....or if not, a pay day game. Try to make it a Nov game.

Game #8: Set up a home and home with Coastal Carolina for an October or November game.

Game #9: Any chance SMU would do a home and home? October game?

Game #10: FIU for a home and home? October game?

Game #11: Pick one of UAB, Southern Miss, LA Tech or LA Laf for a home and home. October game. (this is like playing Tulane or Tulsa)

Game #12: Whoo - this is hard! Set up a home and home with Air Force, if no luck - just visit. Or Pick another from the UAB/SM/LaTech/La Laf pool.

Another game, swap any of the above for a payday game with Arkansas.

In summary: you have
2 B1G games,
1 ACC game,
1 B12 game (or maybe SEC if you swap Arkansas for TCU) for a total of four P5 games.
Then we have perhaps from G5 we have
2 AAC games,
3 CUSA or Sunbelt games
1 Mountain West
1 independent
and
1 FCS.

Not easy to build a five game P5 line up on short notice. We would need to take three payday games in 2020; TCU, VT and Arkansas to do that.

Long term, beyond 2020 I would be looking to set up home and series with Cincy, Temple, Pitt (really anyone in the ACC), Buffalo, Army, Old Dominion or Coastal Carolina and Rutty. I would be looking to Fox to help us get a couple B12 home and homes (wont be easy! maybe WV, Kansas, Kansas St or Iowa St?) and maybe even a P12 home and home (maybe Oregon St / Washington St or Colorado). Yeah, I understand the B12 and P12 is a long shot, but got to try.

Update on the potential available teams for 2020 - scratch off Miami - they filled their open date.

Reaction Score
Update on the potential available teams for 2020 - scratch off Miami - they filled their open date.

cmon … what's it take to buy out Wagner?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
cmon … what's it take to buy out Wagner?
EE2B4340-000E-46DC-81D6-CC1E956D3CFD.gif

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I am proud that the Boneyard has some UCONN Engineering alums
I know, right? Like the genius who said the stadium "could easily be expanded to 40,000."

Reaction Score
I know, right? Like the genius who said the stadium "could easily be expanded to 40,000."

However

I hang with Architects. I’ve seen square footage & footprint like you wouldn’t believe. I’m certain I can take that puppy from 24 to 40,000

Reaction Score
I hang with Architects. I’m certain I can take that puppy from 24 to 40,000
Not one to hang with many architects let alone to stay in Holiday Inn Expresses by choice, it's humorous to think JMU's stadium could not be expanded by 16K seats, e.g., end zones, atop existing or replacing small stand's building, etc. If the desire existed, dinero gets 'er done. Not rocket science!

Reaction Score
How do you figure @Creighton(Nebraska), Depaul(Illinois), Butler(Indiana), Xavier(Ohio) and Marquette(Wisconsin) isn't flying all over the country?

I mean it’s not Texas x2, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Kansas

Reaction Score
I put this tweet in the media day thread but figured it might as well go here too

If Benedict doesn't have actual games scheduled in another two weeks -- and not just with Central CT -- time for a well-connected consultant to come in to take over this part of his job. He should start looking for another job, too, unless he can get UConn to remain in AAC for football.

Reaction Score
If Benedict doesn't have actual games scheduled in another two weeks -- and not just with Central CT -- time for a well-connected consultant to come in to take over this part of his job. He should start looking for another job, too, unless he can get UConn to remain in AAC for football.

Nah

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
There is no way we have a 2020 game scheduled in the next 2 weeks. May as well hire someone now.

Reaction Score
We don't even have a departure date set with the AAC. First order of business is to get the departure figured out. Only then can begin signing scheduling agreements.

Reaction Score

You should create a separate thread for this topic - oh wait ....

Reaction Score
Once again, few readers of the Boneyard bother to hold those in authority at UConn accountable. That paves the path for dropping football altogether.

Reaction Score
Once again, few readers of the Boneyard bother to hold those in authority at UConn accountable. That paves the path for dropping football altogether.

Lol yes “holding those in authority at UConn accountable” means calling for the AD to be fired on a message board if he hasn’t scheduled a football game in 2 weeks.

You’re doin’ the lord’s work. Thank you.

Reaction Score
Lol yes “holding those in authority at UConn accountable” means calling for the AD to be fired on a message board if he hasn’t scheduled a football game in 2 weeks.

You’re doin’ the lord’s work. Thank you.
Imagine feeling that self-important? It must be miserable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger