If we get back Hawkins and go game by game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

If we get back Hawkins and go game by game

Reaction Score
If UConn has to rely on Hawkins then we’re in trouble. The kid is nowhere near ready for prime time. Give him a few years to put on some weight and get stronger. Then he wi be ready to compete against college level talent.

Reaction Score
Possibly, if he can bulk up some. I want him to succeed. I don't think it is worth him getting a third concussion in a matter of weeks.
He's only had one so far. Although even a 2nd within a short period of time is no bueno.

Reaction Score
I don't think UConn should rely on Hawkins at this point. Polley and Gaffney yes. He really is a boy against men at this time and is not ready. Hopefully, in a year or two he may be ready for this level of competition.
Buddy I have no idea what you are talking about. Hawkins was contributing game in and game out with his defense and rebounding when in. His shot is still off but he was taking it to the hoops when teams played him shoot a 3. He definitely has shown he can play with the men at this level now.

Reaction Score
If UConn has to rely on Hawkins then we’re in trouble. The kid is nowhere near ready for prime time. Give him a few years to put on some weight and get stronger. Then he wi be ready to compete against college level talent.
He already has shown he can compete at this level defensively and just has to become more consistent offensively. He gives us more offensively than a Junior Gaffney does but the only issue is he healthy.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
We don’t have the guards or shot creators to win this year. That’s what the tournament usually comes down too.

Reaction Score
Bulking up would be great but he's not exactly a scrawny weakling either.
I understand that, but it was scary when he went down after running to the pick

Reaction Score
Buddy I have no idea what you are talking about. Hawkins was contributing game in and game out with his defense and rebounding when in. His shot is still off but he was taking it to the hoops when teams played him shoot a 3. He definitely has shown he can play with the men at this level now.
How many basketball players in div 1 get concussions? I haven't done any research, I admit. But I do follow college basketball and you don't see many players getting concussions, at least that we know about. It appears to me to be an outlying injury. In this case, not only one but 2 concussions. He may have shown ability, but his body needs to develop more to take the hits that come with the game nowadays, in my opinion. And as I said, I want him to succeed and not get injured any more.

Reaction Score
But I do follow college basketball and you don't see many players getting concussions, at least that we know about. It appears to me to be an outlying injury. In this case, not only one but 2 concussions. He may have shown ability, but his body needs to develop more to take the hits that come with the game nowadays, in my opinion. And as I said, I want him to succeed and not get injured any more.
He was in Concussion protocol once not twice. Please don't spread bad information.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
How many basketball players in div 1 get concussions? I haven't done any research, I admit. But I do follow college basketball and you don't see many players getting concussions, at least that we know about. It appears to me to be an outlying injury. In this case, not only one but 2 concussions. He may have shown ability, but his body needs to develop more to take the hits that come with the game nowadays, in my opinion. And as I said, I want him to succeed and not get injured any more.
Please stop.

Reaction Score
. This is almost as bad as the alleged medical expert who said Emeka would be out for the season or some such back in 04.

Reaction Score

I don't think we have relied on Hawkins at all this season and this isn't the time to start.

But he woud be a heck of a force multiplier and make us a very tough out.

Reaction Score
We just got one last year in Cole and he is built well for a smaller guy. Injuries happen but that shouldn't take away if he is ready to play as he showed he could this year. It was just some freak injuries and sucks for Hawks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom