If we don't get close to a full house we got a problem | Page 8 | The Boneyard

If we don't get close to a full house we got a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I trade off buying tickets for our group making me not a "continuous" ticket holder. Lame.

Reaction Score
I trade off buying tickets for our group making me not a "continuous" ticket holder. Lame.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Was it just me our did the band get more time and the PA system?

If so, this is an excellent development.

Now, can they develop an more coherent pregame.

Reaction Score
Wasn't able to make the game; but, I saw comments from friends in Marlborough and Glastonbury about -18's flying by. That must have been cool. Actually saw a B-2 fly over Fenway once for a game, that was nuts.

Reaction Score
Mr Conehead, thanks for the tickets. They went to good use. They were two F 15s out of Westfield AFB.

Reaction Score
That and the eagle were nice touches. Made it in just in time. I'd like to think that would entice more people, but we have some major league tailgaters that were going strong on my walk to the stadium. First time ever in Gray parking. I anticipate not finding my car at least once this year.

Reaction Score
Mr Conehead, thanks for the tickets. They went to good use. They were two F 15s out of Westfield AFB.

Glad you had a good game to go to.

As a FYI, I will also need to sell my 10/16 tickets for USF. I have a kindergarten soccer team to coach every Saturday and can only miss one or two games before I feel really guilty. Ten years from now I will (heaven willing) still be able to go to UConn football games whereas my sons won't be young forever and right now, they like me as their coach.

Reaction Score
Attendance of 26,113

No where near close to a sell out. Does this mean we have a problem? I would think a team that had low expectations with a game vs a non FBS opponent played early in the season on a weeknight would not ordinarily be a big draw.

I think this win wakes up a lot of the more casual fans. My prediction for Army is over 30,000. It's a Saturday at noon, team is coming off a win and Army draws.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Attendance of 26,113

No where near close to a sell out. Does this mean we have a problem? I would think a team that had low expectations with a game vs a non FBS opponent played early in the season on a weeknight would not ordinarily be a big draw.

No. The crowd was good last night. Got loud in spurts and there were many fans who stayed until the end. I too was surprised to see the student sections full and stay full for the majority of the game. I think UConn knows it has had a student section problem since the Rent opened and I'm hoping that whatever they're doing (or not doing) showed its promise last night. Students were loud and into the game and, not surprisingly, got the rest of the stadium going. WE need our students to continue this kind of support all year.

The attendance was around where I thought it would be. Now that we have a W, I'm hoping for 30K for Army. Win that and play Mizzou fairly close, then maybe mid 30s for Navy. The diehards aren't going anywhere. We just need our casual fans to come back and winning will do that.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
No. The crowd was good last night. Got loud in spurts and there were many fans who stayed until the end. I too was surprised to see the student sections full and stay full for the majority of the game. I think UConn knows it has had a student section problem since the Rent opened and I'm hoping that whatever they're doing (or not doing) showed its promise last night. Students were loud and into the game and, not surprisingly, got the rest of the stadium going. WE need our students to continue this kind of support all year.

The attendance was around where I thought it would be. Now that we have a W, I'm hoping for 30K for Army. Win that and play Mizzou fairly close, then maybe mid 30s for Navy. The diehards aren't going anywhere. We just need our casual fans to come back and winning will do that.
This is entirely accurate. Imagine if we beat Mizzou :rolleyes:

Dooley

Reaction Score
This is entirely accurate. Imagine if we beat Mizzou :rolleyes:

If we beat Mizzou, there better be a full house for Navy. If not, every casual fan who has ever complained about UConn's CR status should be called out and forced to move to northern Canada.

But...that's a very unlikely 'if'. :)

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
NO! Beat Army. I cannot allow myself to dream until we get to 2-0.

We've all been hurt too much in the past...
If we beat Mizzou, there better be a full house for Navy. If not, every casual fan who has ever complained about UConn's CR status should be called out and forced to move to northern Canada.

Thank you for leveling my head.

At this point in time looking ahead in the schedule is a death-blow. Take it game by game and once the team learns how to win then everything (including attendance) will take care of itself.

Reaction Score

There is a southern Canada?

Dooley

Reaction Score
There is a southern Canada?

Yes. There is hockey crazed Canada and then there is 1 human to every 10,000 polar bears Canada. All of Canada, including the polar bears, are on the Blue Jay bandwagon.

Reaction Score

I give the students an A-. They were there for kick off and stayed late...but...

Get rid of the dumb key rattling thing. You can make more noise with your hands than with shaking a set of keys. But I can live with it if they keep showing up in force.

Reaction Score
I give the students an A-. They were there for kick off and stayed late...but...

Get rid of the dumb key rattling thing. You can make more noise with your hands than with shaking a set of keys. But I can live with it if they keep showing up in force.

Key rattling in students section is as old as PAWS ARF itself. One of the few traditions we have. I actually like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom