If We Could Just Recruit CT... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

If We Could Just Recruit CT...

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
As impressive as that list may be, it has seven players on the. I'm not about to argue the quality of top players from here but I will argue the quantity of players capable of contributing at the level we want the program to reach.

Like it, dislike it, be indifferent, but one fact is that our backbone has to come from New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia (and maybe a bit of Ohio). We need to build half of our roster (10-12 scholarships a year) from those states. We also will need to get about 25% of our roster from Florida, Georgia and other southern states (the Carolinas, Texas, etc.). The remainder coming from the northeast (New York, all of New England) and outlying regions (Canada, the remainder of the U.S.).

We will be lucky to land one out of ten in state recruits receiving legitimate attention from schools capable of competing for a title until at least the time we become a ranked team on a regular basis and even then we will lose more than we will keep. We need to understand this, but of more importance we need to understand the volume of quality players needed to really be a top football program.

Reaction Score
CT HS football has improved drastically over the last 10 years. Harbaugh has signed atleast 4 kids in last 2 years. We need to sell the kids to stay home. Have to get on them early. Have to show love to kids who are thinking bigger.

With that, let's move onto 2019. I doubt we're getting Conley (OT from New Canaan), but I hate to hear we're not trying. But id like to get Bryce Sebastian (DB Cheshire Academy), Summers (QB from StJoes) & Jackson Mitchell (WR from Ridgefield).
Summers is getting lots of attention from major FBS programs, hopefully Bisack can convince him to come to Storrs. UConn is recruiting Mitchell but maybe late to the party. Several B1G and one SEC school are recruiting Mitchell. Seen him play several times and saw him drop a pass only once, only a junior last year but even then seemed a man among boys.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek
Top Bottom