If we are indeed stuck in the Big East | The Boneyard

If we are indeed stuck in the Big East

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How does this affect scheduling? And my second question is, will our obese thumb AD actually be aggressive with it?

We need to play Cuse, Pitt, and maybe Louisville every year. And schedule a blueblood, which is absolutely necessary in my opinion. Get Indiana on the schedule again. Or UNC again. Maybe look at Kansas/Kentucky. Anytime we have an opportunity for a neutral made for TV game, absolutely do it.

I'm as excited as anyone to play Tulane, SMU, and Houston in Big East play but we need a huge step up in OOC.

Reaction Score
Football has ruined hoops too. Once January rolls around in this league it will be a snoozefest. The XL Center will get about 8K fans.

Reaction Score
Being the Gonzaga of the East is basically our upside at this point. They schedule very aggressively out-of-conference to compensate for the poor quality of their conference. We need to do the same.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
this conference is a sandwich, and we're being forced to eat it

Reaction Score
Great, we'll be relying on early season success, no slip ups in conference, and winning the NBET at the Palestra.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Great, we'll be relying on early season success, no slip ups in conference, and winning the NBET at the Palestra.

We're going to be just like Gonzaga. And hopefully a long-haired, mustache bearing All-American can bring us to the top 10 in the rankings and maybe a Sweet 16 appearance.

Reaction Score
Being the Gonzaga of the East is basically our upside at this point. They schedule very aggressively out-of-conference to compensate for the poor quality of their conference. We need to do the same.
This feels like Memphis when Calipari was there. Trying to be a big time program so have to schedule a bunch of big time games out of conference to help the RPI. Ugh, this is not going to be good.

Reaction Score
Gonzaga of the East? This sucks but that's too dramao. Losing RU & Louisville doesn't really effect BE basketball nearly that much. Pitino out & Larry Brown in...meh.

Reaction Score
Gonzaga of the East? This sucks but that's too dramao. Losing RU & Louisville doesn't really effect BE basketball nearly that much. Pitino out & Larry Brown in...meh.

Did you forget that the BE is also losing SU, Pitt and ND?

Larry Brown? ha.

F

fortebleedsblue

Larry Brown? ha.

O and the big east also won WVU. No big deal though we have Tulare on the way... Blue skies.

Reaction Score

Larry Brown? ha.
What you stated us old news...so this thread could have been created weeks ago if that's the point. The only new news is losing RU & Louisville...comparing us to Gonzaga is basically to say that the only good team remaining in the BE is Uconn...that's just delirious.

As far as trying to clown Larry Brown have you seen SMU's 2013 recruiting class...I would love to have that class next year for Coach KO, in addition to our current recruits of course.

Reaction Score
The big question is how to recruit in the post-apocalypse?

Ollie is doomed for sure!

Reaction Score
The big question is how to recruit in the post-apocalypse?

Ollie is doomed for sure!
Play Pitt, Louisville, Syracuse with home and homes every year. Maybe throw WVU in to have a nice 2 home/2 away every year.
Rotate 1 or 2 of Indiana/UNC/Kansas/Kentucky every year. Continue to play the "lesser" big conference teams, like how we have played Texas, Michigan, Tennessee as of late and Washington this year. That could be 6 very legit games a year. My idea basically is....
2014: vs Syracuse, at Pitt, vs Kansas, at Indiana
2015: vs WVU, at Louisville, vs Kentucky, at UNC
2016: vs Pitt, at Syracuse, vs Indiana, at Kansas
2017: vs Louisville, at WVU, vs UNC, at Kentucky

Keep rotation a schedule like that every 4 years. Basically, we do home and homes with the former Big East teams. Home and home with the bluebloods for 2 years, then take one year off. Throw in some random teams out of the Texas group that I mentioned before. I think we need to start viewing Big East games against the garbage programs as our tune-ups, rather than OOC games.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Play Pitt, Louisville, Syracuse with home and homes every year. Maybe throw WVU in to have a nice 2 home/2 away every year.
Rotate 1 or 2 of Indiana/UNC/Kansas/Kentucky every year. Continue to play the "lesser" big conference teams, like how we have played Texas, Michigan, Tennessee as of late and Washington this year. That could be 6 very legit games a year. My idea basically is....
2014: vs Syracuse, at Pitt, vs Kansas, at Indiana
2015: vs WVU, at Louisville, vs Kentucky, at UNC
2016: vs Pitt, at Syracuse, vs Indiana, at Kansas
2017: vs Louisville, at WVU, vs UNC, at Kentucky

Keep rotation a schedule like that every 4 years. Basically, we do home and homes with the former Big East teams. Home and home with the bluebloods for 2 years, then take one year off. Throw in some random teams out of the Texas group that I mentioned before. I think we need to start viewing Big East games against the garbage programs as our tune-ups, rather than OOC games.
I wouldn't count on Cuse and Pitt suddenly upgrading their OOC schedules, based on historic evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom