If this years tourney showed us anything it's that | The Boneyard

If this years tourney showed us anything it's that

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Boat can handle the lead point guard position. Bringing up the ball, setting up the play, and making smart decisions... I know we'll have some rough stretches but I've watched the Florida and Kentucky games and I'm extremely confident in Boat. If the guys around him can make their shots, I think that will ease the stress on boat and allow him to focus more on running the team and causing hell for the other team on the defensive end... Once the team jells together and they get their moxy that we can play and beat anyone they're going to be scary good

Reaction Score
I think you hit the nail on the head when you said "If the guys around him can make their shots". If they can rely on Omar, Hamilton, Cassell, and Purvis to hit their 3s and spread the defense, Boat can put on a show this year.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I think you hit the nail on the head when you said "If the guys around him can make their shots". If they can rely on Omar, Hamilton, Cassell, and Purvis to hit their 3s and spread the defense, Boat can put on a show this year.
completely agree... during the kentucky game they said that boat and bazz are bulldogs, i think thats going to continue this year with boat purvis samuel etc...they're going to get up on them and if brimah can stay out of foul trouble they have a premier shot blocker behind them if they get beat... Throughout the tourney if you noticed, boat was knocking down that stepback jumper like bazz and kemba did, especially in the kentucky game

Reaction Score

In my most humble of opinions Ollie is not going to "rely" heavily on these guys hitting 40% plus which would be a target % for reliability (we lost 3... 40% + guys).

Ollie is going to turn up the dial on LEVEL FIVE and PROTECT THE YARD with the hope of getting easy fast break points. If he rolls out his top defensive unit which arguably could turn out to be the best in the these United States of America we could witness one of the better defensive teams at UConn. So its a little quid pro quo. Give up some outside shooting for Doberman Yard Protecting Level 5 Intensity D.

Last edited:

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
In my most humble of opinions Ollie is not going to "rely" heavily on these guys hitting 40% plus which would be a target % for reliability (we lost 3... 40% + guys).

Ollie is going to turn up the dial on LEVEL FIVE and PROTECT THE YARD with the hope of getting easy fast break points. If he rolls out his top defensive unit which arguably could turn out to be the best in the these United States of America we could witness one of the better defensive teams at UConn. So its a little quid pro quo. Give up some outside shooting for Doberman Yard Protecting Level 5 Intensity D.
agreed, when i say knock down their shots im not talking just 3's but layups, pullups, dunks, etc

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Transition baskets and pick and rolls, blowing by people on the switch will all be a part of the offense. Villanova last year is a great example of the risks of living and dying with the three. For what it is worth we'll still be a good 3 pt team just won't have Bazz shooting five feet (+) behind the line or Niels otherwordly 3 pt shooting percentage. Last year was great year, obviously but this year is going to be a blast to watch.

Reaction Score

Right. I agree with that. I'm not saying they'll "rely" on those guys to be as good as bazz giffey and Daniels; all I meant was they need them to be credible 3 point shooters. Omar wasn't 40% from 3 his freshman year, but he still helped spread the floor better than he did his Soph season. 2 or 3 credible shooters that won't be relied on for big numbers but are capable of hitting a big shot will make a huuuuuge difference to Boats game.

Reaction Score
I don't see us being a 3 point shooting team this year. Maybe sporadic but not dependable. I think our team will be defined on defense (disruptive) and speed (i.e. uptempo). It should be a real exciting group to watch as we have height, speed, shot blockers, experience and of course pedigree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom