If this were a WCBB rule, recent UConn-ND record would be very different | The Boneyard

If this were a WCBB rule, recent UConn-ND record would be very different

Status
Not open for further replies.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Here's a story for a common-sense rule change in the NBA that I think at least deserves consideration or some pre-season trials. It would still involve ref judgement, but it would be interesting to see how calls might change if the focus was on not falling down. ND would certainly need to rethink their game plan with this rule change. And I wonder how many recent ND wins vs. UConn would have gone the other way.

Reaction Score
I think the best rule change in BB would be allowing the refs to call a delayed foul as they do in hockey. I brought this up a year or so and get ridiculed.
Expecting the same again. Go for it guys.

Reaction Score
In your delayed foul world would the foul be waved off if a the fouled team scores?

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
Here's a story for a common-sense rule change in the NBA that I think at least deserves consideration or some pre-season trials. It would still involve ref judgement, but it would be interesting to see how calls might change if the focus was on not falling down. ND would certainly need to rethink their game plan with this rule change. And I wonder how many recent ND wins vs. UConn would have gone the other way.

I would much prefer a rule change that allows officials to call a foul if they believe the defender flopped. Under the current rules there's no risk to the defender for flopping. If the official considers it a flop it ends up being a no call, which only encourages the defender to try again.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
We could place the flopper in stocks at mid court for 60 seconds. Think of the taunting opportunities for the Crazies and the Terrapin fans.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Jimmy Goldstein credits Dennis Rodman for his bold fashion sense.

That right there pretty much negates any ideas he might have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom