IF there is Big 12 Expansion | Page 13 | The Boneyard

IF there is Big 12 Expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Interesting article here:

Each FBS conference designates a representative to the NCAA council that votes on legislation. They are:

• Mitch Barnhart, AD, Kentucky, SEC
  • Tim Day, FAR, Iowa State, Big 12
  • Dan Guerrero, AD, UCLA, Pac-12
  • John Hartwell, AD, Troy, Sun Belt
  • Blake James, AD, Miami, ACC
  • Paul Krebs, AD, New Mexico, MWC
  • Warde Manuel, AD, UConn, American Athletic Conference
  • Jim Phillips, AD, Northwestern, Big Ten
  • Judy Rose, AD, Charlotte, Conference USA
  • Tom Wistrcill, AD, Akron, MAC
Each FBS conference has one vote, but the votes from the Power 5 conferences (Big Ten, SEC, ACC, Big 12 and Pac-12) count double, meaning there are 15 votes total.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...-conference-title-game-byu-houston-cincinnati

Manuel has no choice but to vote in favor of the B12 proposal even if it hurts UConn.

Reaction Score
Manuel has no choice but to vote in favor of the B12 proposal even if it hurts UConn.
Why? Has the American or UConn said that conferences should get to do what the B12 and ACC are requesting? Or are you saying that the implication is that if turned down, the B12 will raid the American so UConn (the American) should give the B12 what it wants?

Just curious. I can't keep track of what's good or bad for UConn anymore.

Reaction Score
I spoke with a friend of mine who is an associate AD at a D1 school, and he said to 'mark his words' that it would be Cincy and BYU

Do you know if he meant that as a prediction? Or was he implying that he knew something? I'm not sure the Big 12 knows who (or if) they are adding yet. Even if the Kansas AD told me who they were adding, I'd still have room for doubt at this point.

Reaction Score
Why? Has the American or UConn said that conferences should get to do what the B12 and ACC are requesting? Or are you saying that the implication is that if turned down, the B12 will raid the American so UConn (the American) should give the B12 what it wants?

I think he is saying that we are trying to gain favor with the Big 12 so we should do what they want (vote in favor of it).

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I think he is saying that we are trying to gain favor with the Big 12 so we should do what they want (vote in favor of it).

Unless we are trying to gain favor with the B1G. I doubt Warde/UConn have free reign to vote, but this is the NCAA so dumb happens all the time.

Reaction Score
Unless we are trying to gain favor with the B1G. I doubt Warde/UConn have free reign to vote, but this is the NCAA so dumb happens all the time.

It looks like he is representing the AAC so he has to vote what the AAC wants, which I believe is against it.

Reaction Score

It's not a matter of good or bad. It's a matter of allowing for maximal flexibility to stay in everyone's good graces. Why restrict someone when you don't want to be restricted. If Manuel votes against it, I'm going to assume that he's either pulling an Edsall or else Delany gave UConn a guarantee.

Reaction Score
It looks like he is representing the AAC so he has to vote what the AAC wants, which I believe is against it.

I'm going to assume the AAC is not against the B12 because it doesn't want to be raided.

Reaction Score
I'm going to assume the AAC is not against the B12 because it doesn't want to be raided.

If the AAC is against the proposal it's probably because it just added schools so that it could have a CCG. Why let the Big 12 split the pie 10 ways when the AAC just agreed to split a smaller pie 12 ways.

Reaction Score
If the AAC is against the proposal it's probably because it just added schools so that it could have a CCG. Why let the Big 12 split the pie 10 ways when the AAC just agreed to split a smaller pie 12 ways.

...Why? So that the B12 isn't forced to take Cincy and X.

Reaction Score
Makes perfect sense for the AAC... Vote in favor of the Big XII proposal which will allow the conference to:
1. Keep Cincy/UConn/Houston from the Big XII
2. Kick out Tulane & Tulsa
3. Hold the AAC football championship with 10 teams

Lock it in!

Reaction Score

Only way Delaney moves on UConn is the threat of an ACC invite not a B12. As much as I prefer the B1G, Delaney will let us rot and whither away to nothing before he does us a favor. His interest is as much $ to as few members. Do whatever helps a B12 invite and hope for a CR anomaly to occur.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Warde: Well it's tough issue, so hard to decide. Of course if we were a member of a P5 conference I'm sure we'd vote with our commissioner...

Reaction Score
He needs to vote last then feign illness for 24 hours. Hopefully it's a tie vote when it gets to him then we'll see who our friends are.

Reaction Score
Only way Delaney moves on UConn is the threat of an ACC invite not a B12. As much as I prefer the B1G, Delaney will let us rot and whither away to nothing before he does us a favor. His interest is as much $ to as few members. Do whatever helps a B12 invite and hope for a CR anomaly to occur.
it's been eons since I picked up an algebra book, but this sounds like a corollary to "Rule # 1".:(

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

The only move at this point is to support the Big XII proposal and also the B1G amendment. That's what UConn needs.

Reaction Score
You can't support both the Big 12 proposal and the B1G amendment, they are conflicting. The B1G proposal is to stop deregulation of rules to avoid unintended consequences.

If the Big 12 wins out, they aren't required to have 12 teams to have a championship game and hence, not forced to expand.

If the B1G wins out, there is a higher chance of expansion.

Warde will likely have to vote for whichever way Aresco is leaning seeing as he's just a rep for the conference.

Aresco would probably favor allowing the Big 12 to deregulate, so as to avoid any chaos to the AAC.

pj

Reaction Score
The only move at this point is to support the Big XII proposal and also the B1G amendment. That's what UConn needs.

That will lead to us joining the B12 and the B1G. I like your thinking HH!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You can't support both the Big 12 proposal and the B1G amendment, they are conflicting. The B1G proposal is to stop deregulation of rules to avoid unintended consequences.

If the Big 12 wins out, they aren't required to have 12 teams to have a championship game and hence, not forced to expand.

Warde will likely have to vote for whichever way Aresco is leaning seeing as he's just a rep for the conference.

Aresco would probably favor allowing the Big 12 to deregulate, so as to avoid any chaos to the AAC.

The B1G amendment is an amended version of the Big 12 proposal. It essentially says we approve CCG at ten teams with this additional requirement. So the options are.
1. Oppose the Big 12 proposal to allow CCG with 10 teams
2. Support the Big 12 proposal to allow a CCG with 10, if they are in divisions (B1G amendment)
3. Support the Big 12 proposal without the condition of divisions

#2 is the right answer for Warde and UConn (and the American).

Reaction Score
The B1G amendment is an amended version of the Big 12 proposal. It essentially says we approve CCG at ten teams with this additional requirement. So the options are.
1. Oppose the Big 12 proposal to allow CCG with 10 teams
2. Support the Big 12 proposal to allow a CCG with 10, if they are in divisions (B1G amendment)
3. Support the Big 12 proposal without the condition of divisions

#2 is the right answer for Warde and UConn (and the American).

In those options, wouldn't the right answer be #1 for UConn as it would force expansion?

Reaction Score

But what about the High Sparrow? And Cercei Lannister? Will they support it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom