If there is a game to win | The Boneyard

If there is a game to win

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's this week against Virginia.

Tall task at SMU 2 weeks later.

Get beat up twice plus have 36-37 days between home games and they will just be forgotten.

Barring rescheduling they will go all the way to 10/21 without a home Saturday game but then 3 of 4 home FBS games are played in 21 days.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
It's hard to believe it's been 10 years since my last visit to UVA. Tough loss, but one of the Top 3 UCONN based road trips in my life.

upload_2017-9-10_22-5-40.png

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
It's hard to believe it's been 10 years since my last visit to UVA. Tough loss, but one of the Top 3 UCONN based road trips in my life.

View attachment 24763

Yep, that is a great atmosphere for CFB. I highly recommend making that trip. I was lucky enough to win a large poster autographed by the entire team at the alumni event prior to the 2007 game in Charlottesville.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I remember that one....very tough loss.

I wish I could forget it. We were on a very promising drive for the winning score late in the 4Q, and the UVA defense was dead on their feet. Then our center snapped the ball over Lorenzen's head like three times. Game over. I think we only needed a FG to win.

Reaction Score
Yep, that is a great atmosphere for CFB. I highly recommend making that trip. I was lucky enough to win a large poster autographed by the entire team at the alumni event prior to the 2007 game in Charlottesville.

Great college town. Very underrated stadium.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I do agree with Whaler in that SMU looks to be a darn good team this year, and that'll be a tough one to get on the road. If we can win this one, I think we can take Memphis and Temple (or at least one of the two), and head into our sixth game with at least 3 wins

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I was at that game. Sat with @Palatine. Close loss but we got Al Groh fired the next season.
That was an ironic chain of events that we set in motion at the Rent that night (blowout of UVA).

In what may have been our best offensive performance ever, taking into account the quality of opponent, UVA let go of Groh & his entire staff. Cincinnati picks up Diaco to run their defense (another quality offensive performance was against an undefeated Cincy @ Cincy) and when Kelly jumps to ND (another job opening we were responsible for) and takes Robin with him. I believe everyone knows the remaining events in that chain.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom