If the season was stopped | The Boneyard

If the season was stopped

Reaction Score
I believe that I know the answer. But if the NCAA stopped the season now do player stats that they currently have count? I assume yes just like if a player was injured stats that occurred do count. Would the NCAA grant another year of eligibility though? That would be interesting. And again I think that they would. So, then a player can stay in college for six years. Or am I wrong? Just thinking out loud.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I believe that I know the answer. But if the NCAA stopped the season now do player stats that they currently have count? I assume yes just like if a player was injured stats that occurred do count. Would the NCAA grant another year of eligibility though? That would be interesting. And again I think that they would. So, then a player can stay in college for six years. Or am I wrong? Just thinking out loud.
Do they count toward all time records? Yes they would, they played in games and scored the points...why would they not count?

sun

Reaction Score
I'm not sure that the NCAA can stop or cancel a season.
It can cancel national championships since they do run them.
But IMO, the season games themselves are run by the conferences which are controlled by the individual schools that vote on their own policies and schedules.

The NCAA basically makes rules and runs the championships.
If the NCAA ever tried to cancel anything besides championships, how would the NCAA be able to stop schools or conferences from scheduling their own games and championships?
I doubt that the NCAA could win a ton of court cases to prevent sports contests from being held if the schools didn't want to follow their advice.
America is all about letting freedom ring and I think that includes college sporting events, as long as there isn't any gov't ban against them, such as by violating criminal laws or enforceable executive orders.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My only real question is this: Under this scenario ( rest of the season cancelled) would South Carolina hang another banner for being #1?
I believe that would be correct. LOL

Reaction Score
There is approximately a 0% chance the NCAA shuts down the rest of the season, especially considering a steep drop in COVID cases is expected within the next two weeks once Omicron infects basically everyone.

Should they have a 2-week to a month stoppage to try to slow/avoid spread? Maybe... but they'd have done that by now.

Reaction Score
Isn't there a limit to how many asterisks one team can have?

Reaction Score
Season cancellation seems very very very low.
But absolutely could see no fans at future games and another wubble for the NCAA tournament.

Reaction Score
Do we still correct grammar? Well, here goes.

The title is in the subjunctive mood, not the indicative mood. Therefore, it should be, "If the season were stopped"

Just sayin' ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom