If the Horde has any balls at all | Page 2 | The Boneyard

If the Horde has any balls at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I say disband football and go back to the Big East. The big time football experiment has failed.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Here is the bottom line. A good coach takes a bad team and makes them mediocre; a mediocre team good; and a good team great.
This guy is the opposite. He made a bad team horrendous.
^^^
This. 100x. Are the Bears hiring?

Reaction Score
I say disband football and go back to the Big East. The big time football experiment has failed.

No, no it has not. 20 players drafted into the NFL since 2008, (21 if Jazz wasn't taken) + Geremy Davis & Byron Jones this season. It's been bad since PP but it's not inconceivable to get back to where we were under Edsall. You do that and hopefully with Diaco's charisma along with a respectable program to boot again we can finally win our lottery ticket into a P5.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Football is 80% coaching. this is the worst coaching staff from HC down I have ever seen. Nothing about this team got better as year progressed, they don't manage game situations well, they don't substitute well, don't scheme well, don't manage clock well, don't teach players game situations well, don't adjust at halftime well...and worst of all, don't have the kids excited and pumped to play football.

If Uconn were a real program, today would have sealed the fate of Diaco and his cronies. but there is no money and no hope for the future, so why throw more bad money after bad money? the bigger question here is whether they should even continue to try. Fan base is gone and never coming back unless they get invited to P5. And that is not ever going to happen. The President and AD need to decide whether they should sacrifice football in hopes of trying to salvage the hoops and olympic sports programs.

That you, Nelson?

Or is Nelson really Kevin?

Reaction Score
than Diaco should be directly asked in the post game if UConn should follow UAB's lead in the wake of this loss.

I see no reason to continue football at this point if we have a guy coaching us who can't hold a 14 pt halftime lead in the rain against a win less team.

He better not leave that press conference unscathed. He should be roasted for this game...this year.

you could not possibly be serious about this comment. I understand fan frustration, but this boarders on checking yourself into someplace

Reaction Score
Football is 80% coaching. this is the worst coaching staff from HC down I have ever seen. Nothing about this team got better as year progressed, they don't manage game situations well, they don't substitute well, don't scheme well, don't manage clock well, don't teach players game situations well, don't adjust at halftime well...and worst of all, don't have the kids excited and pumped to play football.

If Uconn were a real program, today would have sealed the fate of Diaco and his cronies. but there is no money and no hope for the future, so why throw more bad money after bad money? the bigger question here is whether they should even continue to try. Fan base is gone and never coming back unless they get invited to P5. And that is not ever going to happen. The President and AD need to decide whether they should sacrifice football in hopes of trying to salvage the hoops and olympic sports programs.

All you have to do is look at programs like Temple, Memphis, Georgia Tech and Baylor to see what supposedly inferior talent can do under new management. We didn't suddenly recruit a bunch of untalented malcontents. Aside from being thin at OL and confused at QB there's no rational excuse for losing to Tulane, Army and SMU that goes beyond a horribly coached offense.

Reaction Score
All you have to do is look at programs like Temple, Memphis, Georgia Tech and Baylor to see what supposedly inferior talent can do under new management. We didn't suddenly recruit a bunch of untalented malcontents. Aside from being thin at OL and confused at QB there's no rational excuse for losing to Tulane, Army and SMU that goes beyond a horribly coached offense.

In the case of Army an unprepared defense.

Perfect Hair

I saw Diaco drinking a Pina Colada at Trader Vics
Reaction Score
Did he seriously say this went as planned? He should not get a second year, no way no how.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom