If the Horde has any balls at all | The Boneyard

If the Horde has any balls at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
than Diaco should be directly asked in the post game if UConn should follow UAB's lead in the wake of this loss.

I see no reason to continue football at this point if we have a guy coaching us who can't hold a 14 pt halftime lead in the rain against a win less team.

He better not leave that press conference unscathed. He should be roasted for this game...this year.

Reaction Score
The coach didn't fumble all those balls. Yes, the play calling is certainly questionable, I say Cummings needs to go, but this is all about these players. They play with no passion and just aren't good.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The coach didn't fumble all those balls. Yes, the play calling is certainly questionable, I say Cummings needs to go, but this is all about these players. They play with no passion and just aren't good.

It's not the coaches fault that a bunch of kids recruited to play in a BCS conference went 1-7 in one of the worst conferences in FBS.

Reaction Score
It's not the coaches fault that a bunch of kids recruited to play in a BCS conference went 1-7 in one of the worst conferences in FBS.
This coaching staff didn't recruit these kids. And the few that have been impressive as Freshmen they did recruit.

Reaction Score
This coaching staff didn't recruit these kids. And the few that have been impressive as Freshmen they did recruit.

This coach is an absolute disgrace as are the players.

I am sick of the coach vs players argument everyone on this board gets caught up in in the blame game.

They are ALL responsible for the season that has all but sealed this schools fate in college athletics. They can all own it. Every last one.

2-10. Losses to Army and SMU. Worst league in football. Every single last one can own it for all I care. It is inexcusable what has happened. And keep in mind our expectations were so low to begin with and they were not even met!

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Player can't execute, coaches make mind-numbing decisions. I don't think this can be pinned on one or the other. Everyone deserves culpability.

Reaction Score
Football is 80% coaching. this is the worst coaching staff from HC down I have ever seen. Nothing about this team got better as year progressed, they don't manage game situations well, they don't substitute well, don't scheme well, don't manage clock well, don't teach players game situations well, don't adjust at halftime well...and worst of all, don't have the kids excited and pumped to play football.

If Uconn were a real program, today would have sealed the fate of Diaco and his cronies. but there is no money and no hope for the future, so why throw more bad money after bad money? the bigger question here is whether they should even continue to try. Fan base is gone and never coming back unless they get invited to P5. And that is not ever going to happen. The President and AD need to decide whether they should sacrifice football in hopes of trying to salvage the hoops and olympic sports programs.

Reaction Score
They were talented enough to go up 20-7 at the half.

I didn't say they were less talented than SMU, but they aren't much better. When the talent gap isn't that big, the other teams winning isn't a shock.

Reaction Score
Here is the bottom line. A good coach takes a bad team and makes them mediocre; a mediocre team good; and a good team great.
This guy is the opposite. He made a bad team horrendous.

Agreed. The hope is that both he and the underclassmen get better. If that happens, the next season won't be that bad. If it doesn't...well lets just see where rock bottom actually is.

Reaction Score
Win and play exciting football, fans will come back. I see nothing that leads me to believe Diaco can get it done. Remember that Jim Rome CBS sports minute "Bob Frigging Diaco" my friggin .

Reaction Score
Win and play exciting football?

I'll take winning playing boring. I'll take losing but not losing to garbage teams as well.

Reaction Score
UConn has had a lot of issues offensively since D. Brown and defense has always been a strong part of UConn football. Now that I think of it, why do we continue to hire defensive coaches (PP and Diaco)? We should have hired a hot big name OC or offensive minded HC.

Reaction Score
Here is the bottom line. A good coach takes a bad team and makes them mediocre; a mediocre team good; and a good team great.
This guy is the opposite. He made a bad team horrendous.

I've tried to maintain realistic optimism throughout the season, but this season has been an utter dumpster fire compared to last year.

Reaction Score
UConn has had a lot of issues offensively since D. Brown and defense has always been a strong part of UConn football. Now that I think of it, why do we continue to hire defensive coaches (PP and Diaco)? We should have hired a hot big name OC or offensive minded HC.

That's just the athletic department being stuck in their ways and sticking to "safe" conventions rather than addressing the real issues at hand, particularly offensive.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
We needed a Cavanuagh-type HC, someone with integrity. Not snakes oil salesman, Bob Fiasco.
The amazing thing is I don't think he's a snake oil salesman at all. I think he's honest and naive to a fault and actually believes what he says. He's just not very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom