If the B1G wants to go to 16,... | The Boneyard

If the B1G wants to go to 16,...

Status
Not open for further replies.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
could it try to lure Kentucky and grab UConn to get to 16. The SEC does not have a GOR and as the SEC and B1G make comparable money,and Kentucky is more of a basketball school and would meet up with one of its greatest rivals (Indiana). Is it possible that the B1G could think up something dastardly like that. For the conference I would have 4 divisions of 4 with 9 conferences games (you play 2 teams in each of the 3 divisions every other year).

East:
Penn St.
UConn
Rutgers
Maryland

North:
Ohio St.
Michigan St.
Michigan
Northwestern

South:
Indiana
Purdue
Illinois
Kentucky

West:
Minnesota
Iowa
Wisconsin
Nebraska

The two division winners with the best records advance to the CCG.

Reaction Score
I'm not a big conf realignment guy but, I'm pretty sure most sane institutions would never leave the money maker the sec is. I might be wrong but their tv contract is ridiculous...

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I'm not a big conf realignment guy but, I'm pretty sure most sane institutions would never leave the money maker the sec is. I might be wrong but their tv contract is ridiculous...
But the B1G is comparable to the SEC, and is about to extend next year (the SEC won't extend for a while). When the SEC finally gets to extend, the cable bubble may have burst, and they could be comparatively screwed.

Reaction Score
Kentucky barely registers a blip on the B1G expansion meter. They pretty own their state outside of Louisville, but it's not going to happen. I can't see a scenario where any school leaves the SEC.

Reaction Score
It's interesting, but if the B1G wanted Kentucky, it would just go ahead and take Vanderbilt, Missouri, and TAMU.

pj

Reaction Score
Since we're fantasizing about raiding the SEC, how about Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas A&M and UConn? Now that would be a great group.

Reaction Score
MIzzou would leave the SEC for the Big in a heartbeat. I wouldn't rule out KY or Vandy doing so either.

But there are more realistic things to be discussing. Like the two political parties working together on something.

Reaction Score
Mizzou begged for an invite for several years and got no interest from the B1G.

They went to the only conference that would have them.

I don't think Delany is crying in his coffee over missing out on them

Reaction Score
Don't start any more threads.

from Johnny Carson show you could of started out with the stick,"Would you prefer me to say that the cat climbed onto the roof........yada yada yada.........................mom's dead.

Reaction Score
Mizzou begged for an invite for several years and got no interest from the B1G.
There might have been some interest there, but their governor went and talked about it. Bzzt.

On the other hand... There's another school that comes to mind that has been silent during the CR craze...

Reaction Score
If Dickie V. had been clamoring for UCONN's admission to the B1G last night like he was all over the resumption of the UCONN-UMass series during the Calhoun-Calipari flap, we'd all be giddy this morning. Just sayin'.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
While he didn't go there, there were were more than enough mentions that MSG was UConn's "home away from home" and that there were tons of Husky fans in the building. Throw in several shots of Ray, Rip and Gordon in attendance and the picture was very clearly painted on last night's telecast: it was a UConn/MSG reunion last night. The only thing they didn't air was the win over Maryland. Conspiracy Kitty!?

Reaction Score
While he didn't go there, there were were more than enough mentions that MSG was UConn's "home away from home" and that there were tons of Husky fans in the building. Throw in several shots of Ray, Rip and Gordon in attendance and the picture was very clearly painted on last night's telecast: it was a UConn/MSG reunion last night. The only thing they didn't air was the win over Maryland. Conspiracy Kitty!?
I was at the game, so didn't hear the broadcast - obviously...
(1) Did it come across on TV as a big UConn crowd? Sounded and looked that way in the building. Also, props to UMd and UVa, they had a nice contingency in the house too.
(2) What was the narrative from Dickie and the Disney boys on UConn and CR (if any)?

Dooley

Reaction Score
(1) Did it come across on TV as a big UConn crowd? Sounded and looked that way in the building. Also, props to UMd and UVa, they had a nice contingency in the house too.
(2) What was the narrative from Dickie and the Disney boys on UConn and CR (if any)?

1. It was tough to judge because there was nothing to cheer in the 1st half. Once UConn trimmed the lead down in the 2nd, you could really hear the difference between UConn and MD fans through the TV. Had the game not gotten out of hand in the 1st half, I think everyone would have heard the home court advantage longer and louder. But yeah, when the fans got loud, they sure made a mention of it. They mentioned numerous times just how many UConn fans were there and that the event was sold out. Maryland fans sounded good in spots too - especially at the end of the game after KO got T'd up and they pulled away. I think my favorite moments from watching last night were the Husky chants during the WVU/UVA game. Several came through loud and clear.

2. Nothing about CR but several mentions about UConn and MSG, the history in that arena, and more than a few cameos of Ray and Rip (aside: how cool was it that they sat together?). They mentioned that MSG was our home away from home and reiterated KO's message that MSG is "our house". I didn't expect Dickie V and John Saunders to talk CR though. I'd rank them along side Scott Gray and the Assistant Manager of Sparkle Wash in terms of being CR connected. It really felt like a homecoming for UConn. All that was missing was the win.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I didn't expect Dickie V and John Saunders to talk CR though. I'd rank them along side Scott Gray and the Assistant Manager of Sparkle Wash in terms of being CR connected.
Now I'm confused. I thought anyone at a car wash was a tremendous source and should be on the key tweet thread. Do I have this wrong?

Dooley

Reaction Score
Now I'm confused. I thought anyone at a car wash was a tremendous source and should be on the key tweet thread. Do I have this wrong?

I said Assistant Manager. Everyone knows that the key tweet worthy news comes from the guys on the front lines scrubbing your wheel walls.

Reaction Score

I really want some one to ask Tom Izzo at Michigan St one question - 'in a NCAA regional playoff game, who would Michigan St prefer to play Duke or UNC at Raleigh NC or UConn at MSG?" I think that answer would be interesting.

pj

Reaction Score
I really want some one to ask Tom Izzo at Michigan St one question - 'in a NCAA regional playoff game, who would Michigan St prefer to play Duke or UNC at Raleigh NC or UConn at MSG?" I think that answer would be interesting.

I'd rather someone ask that as "who would you rather play in a conference game?"

Reaction Score
could it try to lure Kentucky and grab UConn to get to 16. The SEC does not have a GOR and as the SEC and B1G make comparable money,and Kentucky is more of a basketball school and would meet up with one of its greatest rivals (Indiana). Is it possible that the B1G could think up something dastardly like that. For the conference I would have 4 divisions of 4 with 9 conferences games (you play 2 teams in each of the 3 divisions every other year).

East:
Penn St.
UConn
Rutgers
Maryland

North:
Ohio St.
Michigan St.
Michigan
Northwestern

South:
Indiana
Purdue
Illinois
Kentucky

West:
Minnesota
Iowa
Wisconsin
Nebraska

The two division winners with the best records advance to the CCG.

I live in Louisville and would be shocked if Kentucky left the SEC for any other conference. They enjoy being the basketball power of the SEC and would have to share that role in other conferences.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yes. Car wash workers never Tweet. I think it has something to do with the high pressure water and steam shorting out their cellphones.

Reaction Score
Our condolences.

Well, he could drink himself blind with bourbon. That may help.

When my last company set-up a new office in Louisville (picked over Dallas, Des Moines, and Denver), I swear city leaders got the team assigned to pick a city drunk and then took blackmail pictures and thus we went to Louisville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom