If that don't make you miss the BE, nothing will. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

If that don't make you miss the BE, nothing will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Middle of what pack? Some of the NE curmudgeons come out with you all.

Aren't we the Program who recently won with a #7 seed? A 9-9 record in the BE in 2011? Conference regular season champions & BET? Fact is Guys ... We improve over the course of a season. You can call it whatever the heck you want. We should improve to be a terror.

Reaction Score
Too bad about the snow, I expected to see a little bit more of a wild crowd.

Great to see these teams playing. Would love to see UCONN in the mix with Georgetown, Nova, X, Butler, etc. A shame a basketball driven school is not playing in a basketball driven conference. This kind of energy is in all of the Big East games now, save anything DePaul related.

Too bad about the snow????? What the hell does that mean???...Were you even at the game?? Basically a sell out. Great crowd. None of the BE conference games come close t0 drawing 16K these days.

Save Depaul???....SH and SJU home game have this kind of energy? That's BS.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Too bad about the snow????? What the hell does that mean???...Were you even at the game?? Basically a sell out. Great crowd.

Trollers gotta troll. I'm putting this knob on ignore.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
What made the Big East great was this game today wouldn't have even been the marquee game of the day. It would have just been two middle of the pack Big East teams. In the AAC, this is a game you guys probably looked forward to all season.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but are you implying that Gtown and UConn were middle of the pack OBE teams and the game would not be marquee?
As a Cinci fan, would you be looking forward to a match vs Gtown?

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm reading this wrong but are you implying that Gtown and UConn were middle of the pack OBE teams and the game would not be marquee?
I think the intent was that this game was business as usual I the old big east. Not a slight at all - just a comment that this was once the norm. Everyone needshould to loosen their panties. Jeez.

Reaction Score
Too bad about the snow????? What the hell does that mean???...Were you even at the game?? Basically a sell out. Great crowd. None of the BE conference games come close t0 drawing 16K these days.

Save Depaul???....SH and SJU home game have this kind of energy? That's BS.

Actually every Big East game at Creighton draws 17K.

You might mean none of the AAC conference games come close to drawing 16K these days. Yeah, thats what you mean.

Reaction Score
Creighton. Big East. My God, how did it come to this.

That was my first reaction too....but hey, take them any day of the week over former members USF, Rutgers, Virginia Tech.....at least these guys actually give a chit about hoops.

Reaction Score
That was my first reaction too....but hey, take them any day of the week over former members USF, Rutgers, Virginia Tech.....at least these guys actually give a chit about hoops.

Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountains. Like wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the west.
Behind the hills, into shadow. How did it come to this?

Read more: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...-s-speech-from-LotR-tTT-(Movie)#ixzz3y70neJRC

Reaction Score
Actually every Big East game at Creighton draws 17K.

You might mean none of the AAC conference games come close to drawing 16K these days. Yeah, thats what you mean.
WTF is a Creighton? Sounds like a dessert from Carbone's.....mmmmmm Carbone's

Reaction Score
The only similarity between the New "Big East" and the real Big East is the name. C'mon Creighton? Butler? Depaul? Certainly they are decent bb programs but they are not UConn, Syracuse, and Pittsburgh of old. Till the new Big East shows they can play in March, I am not buying what they are selling. Clearly an AAC team has shown they can win it all (oh God, it hurts to call UConn an AAC team...)

When the old Big East broke up everyone involved lost. The energy today showed that...

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Both would be in the middle of the pack this season. 12-7 and 13-5 coming into the game.

Reaction Score

Except they didn't replace USF, RU and VT....they were meant fill the void left by UCONN, Cuse and/or Louisville. No contest.

Reaction Score
Both would be in the middle of the pack this season. 12-7 and 13-5 coming into the game.
Seriously. I don't quite get the frustration around what you said. The OBE was deep, and both UConn and Georgetown are underperforming as of right now.

Reaction Score
Except they didn't replace USF, RU and VT....they were meant fill the void left by UCONN, Cuse and/or Louisville. No contest.

Apples and oranges. Wasn't a straight up replacement. There were 15 teams before the split. They built a 10 team conference with 7 of the previous members and 3 new teams. Was just about getting the best 3 basketball focused universities....not replacing Pitt, or USF, or Syracuse. Certainly there have been some legendary programs, but I think all three of these new schools have made excellent contributions already. Already more than a decade of Rutgers.

Reaction Score
Big East circa 2012: Current Records

1. Villanova 17-2 (KenPom: 1)
2. Louisville 16-3 (KenPom: 3)
3. West Virginia 16-3 (KenPom: 6)
4. Pittsburgh 16-3 (KenPom: 44)
5. Providence 16-3 (KenPom: 45)
7. Notre Dame 14-5 (KenPom: 27)
6. UConn 14-5 (KenPom: 31)
8. Cincy 14-6 (KenPom: 33)
9. Seton Hall 13-6 (KenPom: 39)
10. Syracuse 13-7 (KenPom: 38)
11. Marquette 12-7 (KenPom: 116)
12. Georgetown 12-8 (KenPom: 47)
13. DePaul 7-12 (KenPom: 161)
14. St. John's 7-12 (KenPom: 244)
15. Rutgers 6-14 (KenPom 277)
16. USF 4-17 (KenPom: 264)

Reaction Score
Big East circa 2012: Current Records

1. Villanova 17-2 (KenPom: 1)
2. Louisville 16-3 (KenPom: 3)
3. West Virginia 16-3 (KenPom: 6)
4. Pittsburgh 16-3 (KenPom: 44)
5. Providence 16-3 (KenPom: 45)
7. Notre Dame 14-5 (KenPom: 27)
6. UConn 14-5 (KenPom: 31)
8. Cincy 14-6 (KenPom: 33)
9. Seton Hall 13-6 (KenPom: 39)
10. Syracuse 13-7 (KenPom: 38)
11. Marquette 12-7 (KenPom: 116)
12. Georgetown 12-8 (KenPom: 47)
13. DePaul 7-12 (KenPom: 161)
14. St. John's 7-12 (KenPom: 244)
15. Rutgers 6-14 (KenPom 277)
16. USF 4-17 (KenPom: 264)
giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Ive got to admit while im still a diehard fan between the breakup of the big east,the awful american conference and the sporadic tv schedule i simply dont watch as many uconn games as i used to. I really really miss the big east. Wild horses couldnt drag me away from the tv when uconn was on.

Reaction Score
From the days of Earl and Tim Coles to Kemba, Bazz and Boat the Big East games against the better teams were WARS. They were as intense as a tourney game and often far more physical. I miss them very much.

Who else remembers Kemba passing the ball to himself off the backboard against GTown at the XL Center? Or Nadav and Co. beating GTown and Cuse back to back? THAT was college basketball at its finest.

Reaction Score
Ive got to admit while im still a diehard fan between the breakup of the big east,the awful american conference and the sporadic tv schedule i simply dont watch as many uconn games as i used to. I really really miss the big east. Wild horses couldnt drag me away from the tv when uconn was on.
Uconn is uconn. You need to check yourself.

Reaction Score
but they are not UConn, Syracuse, and Pittsburgh of old. Till the new Big East shows they can play in March, I am not buying what they are selling. Clearly an AAC team has shown they can win it all (oh God, it hurts to call UConn an AAC team...)

When the old Big East broke up everyone involved lost. The energy today showed that...
in fairness, Pitt and Cuse never really won in March either

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
in fairness, Pitt and Cuse never really won in March either
The New Big East has had teams seeded 1,2, 3,4, 6, 6, 6, and 9 in two years. ZERO of those teams defeated a single digit seed in the NCAA Tournament. NONE. ZIP. NADA. UConn defeated 5 in one tournament, Louisville defeated 1, Memphis defeated 1 and Cincinnati defeated 1.

Reaction Score

It's had a dramatic effect on my interest in college sports as a whole. When we were in the Big East, I would catch any college bball/football game between two programs that were at all noteworthy. I would have an encyclopedic knowledge of the players on Kansas State, and Iowa, East Bumf--- U, etc.

Now to watch two random ACC teams or B1G or whatever just makes me bitter. So I don't follow the rest of the landscape. I don't even know who's ranked #1 right now without looking it up (I used to look forward to the rankings every Monday).

I still catch every UConn game, and go to the home games, but my enthusiasm for NCAA sports besides UConn has completely shriveled up and died.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom