If that don't make you miss the BE, nothing will. | The Boneyard

If that don't make you miss the BE, nothing will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I only miss playing good big east teams. Schedule Cuse, Gtown, Nova (and maybe Providence) once a year and it's the same thing to me.

Reaction Score
First of all it feels good to beat an old Big East rival like Georgetown. Even though they are having a down year, Georgetown could probably still hang in with anybody in the country. Nice to see UConn trying to make more of an effort to schedule old Big East rivals. Thats why it would be nice to get Syracuse on the schedule next season. The fans clearly love this and if there wasnt a stupid snow storm, I would have been at the XL Center today.

Reaction Score
I only miss playing good big east teams. Schedule Cuse, Gtown, Nova (and maybe Providence) once a year and it's the same thing to me.
Sounds like Gtown, Cuse and Nova will all be on future schedules. No interest in PC, does nothing for recruiting and they have not won an NCAAT game in two decades, they do not really add much outside of local interest.

Reaction Score
First of all it feels good to beat an old Big East rival like Georgetown. Even though they are having a down year, Georgetown could probably still hang in with anybody in the country. Nice to see UConn trying to make more of an effort to schedule old Big East rivals. Thats why it would be nice to get Syracuse on the schedule next season. The fans clearly love this and if there wasnt a stupid snow storm, I would have been at the XL Center today.
I mean, they almost beat Maryland, almost beat Duke, and did beat Xavier. This is a talented team. You just don't know which Georgetown will show up week to week.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
What made the Big East great was this game today wouldn't have even been the marquee game of the day. It would have just been two middle of the pack Big East teams. In the AAC, this is a game you guys probably looked forward to all season.

Reaction Score
It hurts my sole to this day. I mean that is real basketball- the love the hate- history. Damn I miss it.

Reaction Score
Still remember all the classic games against Zo, Mutumbo and AI.

Those morons that didn't sign that huge contract with ESPN, we'd still be playing these games, too bad so sad

Reaction Score
Too bad about the snow, I expected to see a little bit more of a wild crowd.

Great to see these teams playing. Would love to see UCONN in the mix with Georgetown, Nova, X, Butler, etc. A shame a basketball driven school is not playing in a basketball driven conference. This kind of energy is in all of the Big East games now, save anything DePaul related.

Reaction Score
I have this stupid, impossible dream that Georgetown, Villanova and St. John's all start FBS football programs. Then the four of us get invited to the ACC, which splits into north & south divisions.

I'd be so happy.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Yeah, but there were a lot of good BE teams. In addition to the above: Pitt, Louisville, West Virginia, Notre Dame, and sometimes Marquette. That's what made it so great. :oops:

Reaction Score
Yeah, but there were a lot of good BE teams. In addition to the above: Pitt, Louisville, West Virginia, Notre Dame, and sometimes Marquette. That's what made it so great. :oops:

It's always easy to remember the good....there was also South Florida, Rutgers, Virginia Tech, DePaul, bad Miami years, some terrible Hall, Providence, SJU teams....there was a just a lot of teams. Too many.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It's always easy to remember the good....there was also South Florida, Rutgers, Virginia Tech, DePaul, bad Miami years, some terrible Hall, Providence, SJU teams....there was a just a lot of teams. Too many.

True, but even those bad teams were good for the RPI. And we were fully capable of losing to anybody on any given night, a lot like the NFL

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Great game.. Nice to be back in the XL center when its rocking!

Reaction Score
What made the Big East great was this game today wouldn't have even been the marquee game of the day. It would have just been two middle of the pack Big East teams. In the AAC, this is a game you guys probably looked forward to all season.

F--- you

What the hell has Cincinnati achieved since 1963?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom