if Tenn beats Baylor | Page 2 | The Boneyard

if Tenn beats Baylor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The only ranking I care about is the one the first week in April after the National Championship. But like people said, the us vs. Baylor game will decide if we are #1.

[selected content removed - moderator]

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The only ranking I care about is the one the first week in April after the National Championship. But like people said, the us vs. Baylor game will decide if we are #1. Until then, just don't lose stupidly."

Before playing Baylor UConn plays a very good and highly ranked Texas A&M team which has players who won a national championship last year. Just thought I mention this as a nod to the mojo goddess.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I too agree a moot point!

Baylor wins!

End of story!

;);)

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Before playing Baylor UConn plays a very good and highly ranked Texas A&M team which has players who won a national championship last year. Just thought I mention this as a nod to the mojo goddess.
Personally, I always appreciate the nod to the mojo goddess (or god).

But with Tony's latest post, we will need about 100 of these posts.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Personally, I always appreciate the nod to the mojo goddess (or god).

But with Tony's latest post, we will need about 100 of these posts.
I think the mojo goddess/god has granted us a Tony mulligan. Or at least I hope that's the case.

Reaction Score
First off, this is not going to happen. Tennessee does not, IMHO, have the horses to come close to Baylor, even at home. Second, it is not in UConn's interest to have TN, or anyone else, for that matter, beat Baylor before UConn plays Baylor. Besides, rankings are relatively worthless compared to wins and losses.

Reaction Score
First off, this is not going to happen. Tennessee does not, IMHO, have the horses to come close to Baylor, even at home. Second, it is not in UConn's interest to have TN, or anyone else, for that matter, beat Baylor before UConn plays Baylor. Besides, rankings are relatively worthless compared to wins and losses.
Relatively worthless?? I'd say that they have no value at all when compared to wins and losses. ;)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
100!?! We left that order of magnitude a week ago.

Reaction Score
The only way I see Tennessee beating Baylor is if Griner gets into foul trouble, which is a pretty good possibility since the game is at Tennessee.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I'm really looking forward to this game. Tennessee, having lost their most experienced post players, is really going to struggle inside. Glory Johnson had never played well against Griner. Johnson's release point on her shot seems to be right where Griner's outstretched hand is when Griner is flat-footed. Unless BG really makes some bad decisions she should not be in foul trouble, but this is at the Summitt! Who knows...

Sims' assist to TO ratio is very impressive this year. SO FAR, she has really been good at taking care of the ball. She is tough as nails and it is hard to rattle her. Her consistency is everything that Simmons is not, and Simmons will once again play way too fast. Should be interesting to see how Massengale handles this match-up.

Williams is very quietly having a good year, averaging 13 points and 8 rebounds a game while shooting 59% from the floor. She also gets to the FT line at a good clip, so she draws her share of fouls on opposing post players. She can make you pay on the weak side and has a consistent shot from the high post.

I wouldn't put Madden in the "inconsistent" category. She is shooting 43% on the year and she has 18 assists to 3 TOs. Not a bad ratio. Also a good rebounding guard who can start the fast break.

Condrey is also playing consistent ball with 19 assist to 7 TOs and is also shooting over 50%. She has a beautiful jump shot and will make you pay of you don't stay on her.

The inconsistency starts with Hayden, who is a TO and a wild shot waiting to happen. She can't pull up and shoot a 10 footer and will drive all the way to the basket every time she sees a hint of an opening, often throwing up a wild shot in hopes of drawing a foul, but often charging.

Pope, to be so physically gifted, has hit the bottom of the rim more than any shooter I have ever seen. She can make the most difficult driving shot and can also miss 5 layups in a row. But she does play good D and hits the boards well. You have to take the good with the bad.

Baylor likely will not play more than 7 players unless the inside is really clogged up and KM's daughter is inserted to jack up some 3's. Hopefully Washington will be back after Christmas break to add some additional depth but most likely will not be ready for the UCONN game.

A win would be great! Total domination would be preferable.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I'm really looking forward to this game. Tennessee, having lost their most experienced post players, is really going to struggle inside.

Sims' assist to TO ratio is very impressive this year. SO FAR, she has really been good at taking care of the ball. She is tough as nails and it is hard to rattle her. Her consistency is everything that Simmons is not, and Simmons will once again play way too fast. Should be interesting to see how Massengale handles this match-up.

Williams is very quietly having a good year, averaging 13 points and 8 rebounds a game while shooting 59% from the floor. She also gets to the FT line at a good clip, so she draws her share of fouls on opposing post players. She can make you pay on the weak side and has a consistent shot from the high post.

I wouldn't put Madden in the "inconsistent" category. She is shooting 43% on the year and she has 18 assists to 3 TOs. Not a bad ratio. Also a good rebounding guard who can start the fast break.

Condrey is also playing consistent ball with 19 assist to 7 TOs and is also shooting over 50%. She has a beautiful jump shot and will make you pay of you don't stay on her.

The inconsistency starts with Hayden, who is a TO and a wild shot waiting to happen. She can't pull up and shoot a 10 footer and will drive all the way to the basket every time she sees a hint of an opening, often throwing up a wild shot in hopes of drawing a foul, but often charging.

Pope, to be so physically gifted, has hit the bottom of the rim more than any shooter I have ever seen. She can make the most difficult driving shot and can also miss 5 layups in a row. But she does play good D and hits the boards well. You have to take the good with the bad.

Baylor likely will not play more than 7 players unless the inside is really clogged up and KM's daughter is inserted to jack up some 3's. Hopefully Washington will be back after Christmas break to add some additional depth but most likely will not be ready for the UCONN game.

Thanks for the insight to your team. No problem with a 7 player rotation. UConn pretty much used one against Stanford, although, like Baylor with Washington, UConn will go deeper with Banks (needs more expereince) as the season goes on.

I love Sims' game. As you said, she is fearless. Hartley/Sims matchup is something to look forward to. But first, beat Tennessee. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom