If TAM thinks Purdues crowd was tough...Wait until they hear the XL | The Boneyard

If TAM thinks Purdues crowd was tough...Wait until they hear the XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You cannot win on the road when you play like this: Texas A&M had averaged 80 points per game, but the Aggies shot 28 percent from the field and made just 13 of 27 free throws.

UCONN will pressure them right out of the XL center...........No post play forces TAM into a jump shooting team. Temple had the right idea and just not enough horses to maintain the pressure. Tonya, will give Geno all the info need needs......This game coming up reminds me of when Georgia and Andy Landers came calling at the XL and got demolished by 35......

Reaction Score
Excellent post! Everything will be bigger,badder,louder,tougher then against Purdue! Though I do want to give props to Purdue!!!! Supposedly Texas A&M had the post play! At least bigs! They do have a transfer Kelsey Bones who is going to be special.Wasn't she ranked #2? You look at some of these kids and they have<guys mellow out lmao>incredibley athletic bodies! One of the changes I am seeing in womens basketball having watched it for 30 years,is the athleticism and obviousely working out<same as with guys amateur and pro> When I am looking at them the women during a game it is the same as watching the guys it is the game. Now of course as one can see Diana is not in uniform;) Hey I did not think of Diana that way till she just did her thing. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
When the going gets tough, the tough get going they say.
I haven't followed the UCONN women as long as some of you, but some of the most memorable games come with hostile or at least loud and exuberant crowds.
My most memorable game so far was a couple of years ago when we were ranked #1 and NC was ranked #2. We went down there and the crowd was overpowering; NC#1 signs everywhere, totally electric. I think we whipped them in their own gym by 30+ points, but the most satisfaction for me was the look of disbelief on the faces of the NC fans. They were great though, just doing what fans should do. That's what made it so memorable for me.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
i'm not going to predict a blowout because i'm not sure if aTm's performance against Purdue was an aberration or more indicative of their talent as a whole. i will say i was shocked at the lack of passing, cuts, screens, or anything resembling offense that i saw from aTm. it seemed that they wanted their game plan to go thru Bone, but she was invisible in the 2nd half as a result of double teams and laziness on her part.

as a result, there was no dribble penetration, and the offense pretty much consisted of dribbling around a lot outside the 3-point line. if aTm plays like that against UCONN, it could be a very long day for them. they scored 50 against a Purdue defense that was solid and packed in, but not like the defense UCONN will throw at them. with aTm's lack of outside shooting, i can see a lot of double teams on the weak side by the UCONN guards against Bone and a long frustrating night for aTm.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm not sure what to make out of today's game. TAMU may have been overconfident or looking ahead to UConn. If so, the loss got their attention and they will come out against us with more effort and energy.

If today was not really a fluke, it shows that TAMU may have trouble with good defenses, may have been overrated (they will lose their 1st place vote this week!), and could be in very big trouble against UConn.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
The whole "The Aggies will be fine without Danielle Adams because they have Kelsey Bone" argument was just ludicrous. Adams was first team AA who stepped up huge in the biggest game of the Aggie program, and Colson was an invaluable leader from the PG position.

Still, I have to believe A&M will play better than they did in W Lafayette. Really a shocking loss, though.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Let's also give Purdue some props. They went into Durham and played Duke tough too. They may well be a bit undervalued at this moment.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Purdue committed 24 turnovers and shot 38%. How did it win? A&M committed 19 turnovers, shot 28% on FGs and was 13 for 27 from the FT line.

Purdue's coach once said her team likes to win ugly. Mission accomplished today.

Reaction Score
Let's also give Purdue some props. They went into Durham and played Duke tough too. They may well be a bit undervalued at this moment.
There is no doubt that Purdue is a much better team than they were last year.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
There is no doubt that Purdue is a much better team than they were last year.

Imagine if Mingo hadn't torn her acl.

I still think ND wins by double digits on Saturday. ND's guards should overwhelm Purdue's small, turnover-prone backcourt.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
The roof will be coming off of the XL center. All those Srs. snore really, really loud.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I'm interesting to see how Kelsey Bone & Stef play against each other. Stef made a USA team and Kelsey was sent home stating she didn't get any respect. Kelsey was highly rated coming out of HS. However, IMHO she hasn't been the dominant player everyone expected her to be so far.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I'm interesting to see how Kelsey Bone & Stef play against each other. Stef made a USA team and Kelsey was sent home stating she didn't get any respect. Kelsey was highly rated coming out of HS. However, IMHO she hasn't been the dominant player everyone expected her to be so far.
I don't know all of her circumstances in depth, but if you look at her situation on the superficial level I do know it, it doesn't scream "young woman who's bound and determined to make the most of her abilities." She was indeed the #2 player in the country in the class of 2009 and had a 98 rating from HG (who had Griner ranked #1 with an unprecedented 99 rating). UConn was very interested, but she seemed to be scared off in part by the fact that the media up here actually covered and followed her recruitment. She instead chose to go to a relatively low-profile program, and after a year transferred to a higher profile program that's closer to home. This is just not a trajectory I'd expect of someone who has the focus and will to be great.

Now, having said that, I don't know everything that was going on with her, and she could of course yet blossom into the player she was projected to be out of high school. But the expectation that she could come in and replace the production of a First-Team AA, even if she had more of the physical attributes of a typical post than did Danielle, was a bit much.

Reaction Score
Purdue today and what I watch the other night against Duke was a team not in the Top 10. They will beat most all the teams in the Big 12, Pac 12 and SEC at home...They are a different team on the road like most other WCBB teams other than UCONN. TAM has not or will not see a better team than UCONN this season.
Will ND give Purdue trouble this weekend?.......YESSSSSSSSSS!!

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Mackey is a tough place to play - not saying the XL isn't. But having 8500 in that horrid place is pretty good. In areas, it feels that the crowd is directly on top of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom