If Swofford were BE Comish | The Boneyard

If Swofford were BE Comish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Way before Pitt and Cuse were summoned to the ACC Swofford would have been pro-active vs re-active and added Boise, BYU, Houston and SMU to shore up the BE and get a new contract from ESPN. Pitt, Cuse and WVU may never have left.

I know it's the school presidents etc who decide these issues but he would have convinced them it was needed for survival.

East: UCONN, Rutty, Pitt, SYR, USF, WVU
West: Boise, BYU, Houston, SMU, Ville, Cinci

Reaction Score
There was a zero percent chance, zero per cent, that the basketball schools would have been persuaded to admit UCF, SMU and Houston as full members before they knew that Syracuse and Pitt were leaving.

Reaction Score
There was a zero percent chance, zero per cent, that the basketball schools would have been persuaded to admit UCF, SMU and Houston as full members before they knew that Syracuse and Pitt were leaving.
I agree. The only way they would agree were if the FB schools threatend to leave if they were not added. Would the BB onlies have blinked? Well with Pitt and Syr out they basically did blink. The 5 FB schools were going to do something. If the BE did not add FB schools then what would the FB Schools do? My guess leave and form some new conference. I imagine the AQ status would be invloved somewhere? Could they keep it if leaving as a group or would it stay with BE? Most likely there are a lot of issues we don't hear about on message boards.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If Swafford were commish, we'd have not lost BC, Miami, or VT and would have added VA, FSU, and Maryland. We would have also tossed PC and SH.

In a sign how far the conference has fallen, once reviled as a snake in these parts, he is now revered as a highly effective administrator.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I agree. The only way they would agree were if the FB schools threatend to leave if they were not added. Would the BB onlies have blinked? Well with Pitt and Syr out they basically did blink. The 5 FB schools were going to do something. If the BE did not add FB schools then what would the FB Schools do? My guess leave and form some new conference. I imagine the AQ status would be invloved somewhere? Could they keep it if leaving as a group or would it stay with BE? Most likely there are a lot of issues we don't hear about on message boards.

Agreed. Adding those schools would bring very little and the BB schools would never allow it. A very strong, aggressive commissioner was essentially impossible, as any aggressive move would mean splitting from the BB only schools. If there were separate commissioners, then the split would have occurred while Pitt and Cuse were on board. TCU would have been added more immediately. UCF would have been added. Houston would not have been considered, because it was weak at the time, as it probably will be again next year. A north/east-south/west division arrangement would be needed.

UConn, RU, Cuse, Pitt, UWV
Louisville, USF, UCF, TCU, Cincy

Enough to keep Pitt and Syracuse? Probably not.

Reaction Score
If he were commish he would be fantasizing about his dream job of being the ACC commish

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If Swofford were the Big East commisioner Miami. Va Tech and BC would still be here.

Reaction Score
If Swofford were commissioner he would have been proactive rather than passive. And Swofford would not have been caught with his pants down TWICE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom