If Shabazz is the heart of this team, Kevin Ollie is the life blood | The Boneyard

If Shabazz is the heart of this team, Kevin Ollie is the life blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
I love this man. In year one, with nothing to play for after the last regular season game, what does he do? He "planted seeds," he wins 20 games. In year two, with everything to play for, what does he do? He took the stairs. He won 30 games! AND took the team to a Final Four! He got punched in the nose by Houston and SMU on New Year. He got creamed by Lousiville. And then he said that "a set back is only an opportunity for a comeback." Kevin Ollie is the man. Not only the man, but the coach of the best program in the country, and the life blood of that program. Here's my favorite quote from a Courant article this morning, and it's from Rip:

"Kevin wants to listen," Hamilton said, "and he wants to be great."
He paused. He wanted to watch Ollie, one of the family, climb the ladder and snip the last cord of net. That's what Kevin Ollie did, one step at a time.
"We are Connecticut," Rip said above the roar. "We win championships."

Quse and Pitt and all of the other defectors might have the ACC, but guess what; UConn is still playing. Still winning.

http://www.courant.com/sports/hc-jacobs-column-0331-20140330,0,3942354.column

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I know it takes a few years to get on The Wall (exception Kemba) and you need to be great but I wouldn't mind having Bazz, Giffey and TO put up on that wall for what they did for this program with what it's been through

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom