If P is still the coach Tuesday | The Boneyard

If P is still the coach Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There is literally nothing we can do.

If they don't fire him going into a bye week with a winnable game on the slate for homecoming... it's not even worth discussing anymore.

If he is employed Tuesday, clearly our wishes don't matter and everyone has to choose what they do going forward individually. I'll still be at all the home games and watch every second of the road games - but I can't blame anyone who goes another route.

At this point you aren't doing P and GDL any favors by retaining them. They have become a national embarrassment and nothing good can from their continued presence on the sidelines.

Warde while the media isn't going to hold your feet to the fire because this was a Hathaway hire - I totally disagree with that logic. Manuel had the opportunity to pull the plug on this vegetable of a program last year and made the decision to retain this staff with the ridiculous in hindsight move of allowing P to 'demote' GDL.

Their careers are over Warde - now yours is on the line. What's your move?

Reaction Score
actions speak louder than words, boycott the games. When there are 10,000 people in the stands for South Florida maybe someone will wake up and fire Warde and his "monitoring" ass.

P is done, the rest of the season is a referendum on Warde, He might need to go so someone with confidence and competence can pick the next coach.

Warde's excuse for keeping P last December was "things can go bad when you have recruiting classes from three different coaches".. Well golly gee Warde, thanks for making sure things don't go bad.

Bring in the Rutgers AD who got fired for political reasons.

Reaction Score
Very well said. I get the feeling Warde is holding off starting his "own" clock with this hire. There is zero to be gained from P remaining coach. There is zero to risk sabotaging by retaining P one second longer. Every day that goes by with him as HC the program suffers. Warde needs to turn on his IPOD and listen eminem's song not afraid to take a stand, then call susan, and let her know what he is going to do.

Reaction Score
If P is still the coach for USF we should all go to tailgate and not go in until the 2nd qtr. starts as a show of fan unity that we want change.

Reaction Score
If P is still the coach for USF we should all go to tailgate and not go in until the 2nd qtr. starts as a show of fan unity that we want change.
I like that idea, I was thinking of not going but coming in late like the fashionable crowd is a good alternative as long as we get the word out. We now have 13 days to do that. Hopefully WM will take the bull by the horns and do the right thing for the team and flush this head coach into one of the porta potties in the Blue lot where the rest of us could return the favor.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Very well said. I get the feeling Warde is holding off starting his "own" clock with this hire. There is zero to be gained from P remaining coach. There is zero to risk sabotaging by retaining P one second longer. Every day that goes by with him as HC the program suffers. Warde needs to turn on his IPOD and listen eminem's song not afraid to take a stand, then call susan, and let her know what he is going to do.

Ding ding ding. That's why he survived last year. Free year for the AD.

Reaction Score
A lot of our fans have been doing this for years.

Reaction Score
There is always something you can do. Money talks. Warde will listen. I will not attend any more games as long as PP is the head coach. Writing letters is not as effective, as withholding cash. Its unfortunate for the players, but I hope there is only a few thousand in the stands for next home game, if PP is still coach.

Reaction Score
You need to make a change now! Potential recruits need to know a change is on the way. Also, the players who have quit need to know that they are auditioning for next year.

Reaction Score
It's not - P wouldn't have had the press conference at 1. Unbelievable really. Really shows the incompetence of those in charge at UCONN. But what else are we to expect. State is run like . Why would the state university be run any differently...

Reaction Score
I'm out. No more games until p is gone. Screw the season tickets. Not sure I want to renew after 14 seasons with these buffoons running UConn. Total morons. What a cadre of spineless morons.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
5:05pm, and no news. Are they really going to let him ride until the end of the season?!? This is inconceivable...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom