If NOT UConn, then I prefer... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

If NOT UConn, then I prefer...

If UConn can’t win it all, who would you most prefer to see as the Champion?

• Baylor

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • Louisville

Votes: 12 9.6%
  • Maryland

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • NC State

Votes: 38 30.4%
  • South Carolina

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Stanford

Votes: 33 26.4%
  • Tennessee

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Texas A&M

Votes: 10 8.0%

• Total voters

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Time for Maryland
Agreed. Would like for Brenda to get an ounce of the respect she deserves. She's done a better coaching job than anyone the past 2 seasons and no one gives her, her program, or her players much respect.

Reaction Score
Agreed. Would like for Brenda to get an ounce of the respect she deserves. She's done a better coaching job than anyone the past 2 seasons and no one gives her, her program, or her players much respect.
Because she isn't likable and people don't like her. Apparently including a large number of her starting/star players, who leave after a year or 2.

Reaction Score
South Carolina. I love the fact that Coach Staley has turned a women's basketball program, in the heart of football country, into a dynasty. Loving how she has recruited players over the years that fit her style of play and system. Love the fact that she is getting her players playing on the court at the high level, she is getting her players in the classroom and they are doing outstanding work in the classroom. GSR rate still 100 for the 5th or 6th year in a row. Lastly, I love the way they play the game. Might not be sexy for the camera and the casual fan. But for us diehard basketball fans...this is basketball. Grit and Grind. South Carolina gets my vote.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Because she isn't likable and people don't like her. Apparently including a large number of her starting/star players, who leave after a year or 2.
If you watch her current team that doesn't seem to be the case at all regarding likeability.

Reaction Score
No team that dropped UConn from their schedule or refused to play UConn.

So, Louisville. And Waltz is an endearing character.

But, I have always liked the Baylor fan base. The "Baylor professor" (can't remember the exact handle) used post nice comments on the Boneyard.

And, NC State has, amazingly, come back from the dead. So, I can see their popularity.

Reaction Score
The UConn fans should all respond “Baylor” to have a 4 time NC team as the new Evil Empire for y’all to compete against and hate on. Tennessee is Grandma’s enemy, Notre Dame is Mom’s enemy, Baylor is this generation’s enemy. :)

Reaction Score
South Carolina. I love the fact that Coach Staley has turned a women's basketball program, in the heart of football country, into a dynasty. Loving how she has recruited players over the years that fit her style of play and system. Love the fact that she is getting her players playing on the court at the high level, she is getting her players in the classroom and they are doing outstanding work in the classroom. GSR rate still 100 for the 5th or 6th year in a row. Lastly, I love the way they play the game. Might not be sexy for the camera and the casual fan. But for us diehard basketball fans...this is basketball. Grit and Grind. South Carolina gets my vote.

You must have a different definition of dynasty than most people.

Reaction Score
You must have a different definition of dynasty than most people.
88DF4C9D-AFB2-4759-8B89-06A9DD52CA6E.jpeg

Well, in fairness they are the unanimous pandemic shortened regular season champions one year running.... ??

Reaction Score
Would prefer UConn and will likely stop watching if the unthinkable happens. But to try to play the game any non-power 5 team but non of those on that list. Maybe maybe Utah for Paige's friend.

Reaction Score
No team that dropped UConn from their schedule or refused to play UConn.

So, Louisville. And Waltz is an endearing character.

But, I have always liked the Baylor fan base. The "Baylor professor" (can't remember the exact handle) used post nice comments on the Boneyard.

And, NC State has, amazingly, come back from the dead. So, I can see their popularity.
Baylor dropped UConn so which is it

Reaction Score
Born & raised in CT; a Uconn grad but if our women don't win, I want SC. Just moved from FL to SC (North Myrtle Beach) and I respect all of the SC people writing on this board; smart and respectful. Sure hope I meet some of them down here.

Reaction Score
Is that you Dawn? :D

espn gamecocks GIF by College GameDay

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Louisville. Jeff Waltz is a good guy and has resurrected the program. He has overcome a bad stutter from a few years ago, and he is willing to play anyone to move his program ahead. Any coach who has become a good friend of Geno deserves to have a successful career.

Reaction Score
I would be ecstatic if West Virginia won it all but it won't happen. Mountaineer fans can't have nice things. Witness the men's team...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom