If NIL rules are changed, Paige & Liv in top 10 | The Boneyard

If NIL rules are changed, Paige & Liv in top 10

Reaction Score
I haven't seen this discussed. There is a movement among college athletes to be compensated for use of their name, image and likeness (NIL). If that were permitted Paige and Liv would be making mad money:

Reaction Score
I haven't seen this discussed. There is a movement among college athletes to be compensated for use of their name, image and likeness (NIL). If that were permitted Paige and Liv would be making mad money:

How do Paige’s 740k followers translate to $382k of marketing opportunity while Hailey Van Lith’s 696k followers translate to $965k? I know they mention factors like market size and school athletic revenue, but still seems a little out-of-whack. ??

Reaction Score
How do Paige’s 740k followers translate to $382k of marketing opportunity while Hailey Van Lith’s 696k followers translate to $965k? I know they mention factors like market size and school athletic revenue, but still seems a little out-of-whack. ??
Isn’t that obvious? Louisville is a bigger market than storrs (snores)? :)

Reaction Score
In reality, I think Paige would get more endorsements considering she’s a household name for women’s college ball. They just are giving a rough estimate

Last edited:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
And while Louisville is bigger than Storrs (duh) Uconn gets NYC and Boston exposure while Louisville I don't think gets the Chicago market at all.

Reaction Score
by the way, the whole season Paige was behind Hailey Van Lith in number of IG followers but that changed recently (with the tournament exposure i assume)

Reaction Score
by the way, the whole season Paige was behind Hailey Van Lith in number of IG followers but that changed recently (with the tournament exposure i assume)
Checked Instagram only just now:

Paige 709k
Hailey Van Lith 680k

Article said their numbers were combined IG and Twitter followers. Paige can't do much during the season to expand her Twitter base, but she's gaining IG followers faster.

Article also says the marketing potential info is from Opendorse. Their site says, "Technology to support athlete marketing at every level." When I have some time I'm gonna peruse opendorse.com, see if I can figure out Hailey Van Lith's secret sauce. One of the factors mentioned in the article was school athletic department revenue. Louisville would clearly outpace UConn in that area. Maybe that's why she went to Louisville... ??

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Paige’s IG followers have increased by about 50-100K since the season started. Everyone knows about Paige Buckets now.

Reaction Score
Isn’t that obvious? Louisville is a bigger market than storrs (snores)? :)
I think it’s more about athletic department revenue.
Hartford New Haven. 32
Louisville. 49
Those are the media ranks.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member