If ND is the big prize in all of this | The Boneyard

If ND is the big prize in all of this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't know why the ACC and B1G don't try to force them into action. Conferences are most likely going to 16, I think they know it. So why not take teams now to leave only one open spot. Take Uconn and Rutgers, continue to decimate the BE. ND wants a home for their other sports, and has expressed the desire to stay in the Big East. Weaken the remnants of the BE, and it will force the Irish to make a choice. Waiting for ND to act gives them the power. Dangle the "only one spot left" carrot might end up with one conference getting the big prize, if you care to think of ND in that way.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
You're right that ACC wants ND, and, from what I've read, if ND gave up its independence, it would choose the ACC. But, weakening the football side of the Big East probably wouldn't be enough force ND to make that choice. If the BB-only schools stay together, that might be enough of a conference for the rest of ND's sports, so ND could maintain its independence. If true, the ACC's best strategy of forcing ND football into a conference might be to torpedo the possibility of an all-BB conference by inviting a couple of the BB-only schools. Not going to happen.

Reaction Score
The problem with the B1G is they are really big schools even with UConn and Rutgers providing the B1G with a presence in the Northeast/New England they still don’t fit in culturally with much of their fans base in the northeast.

The ACC already made a move to strengthen their case why ND should join them. So the sixteen-spot goes to UConn or Rutgers. This makes me nerves. The question of merit versus market let hope accomplishment win the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro
Top Bottom