If Jalen doesn't make that shot... | The Boneyard

If Jalen doesn't make that shot...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
does Uconn get in the tourney. Interesting debate with 4 AAC teams making it. Gotta think maybe us or Tulsa.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I honestly think that UConn deserved a low seed at large even IF we had lost to Cincinnatti Friday, yet ESPN hyped it as a play in so perception becomes reality. I think once we won the committee penciled us in as a 9 seed regardless of what came after and didn't really consider the Temple or Memphis wins much. Had we lost to Temple I'm convinced we'd be in the same exact seed and region.

Reaction Score
21-11, 6-11 vs RPI top 100; hard to say. Our RPI would have been in the 55-65 range. Tulsa is 20-11, 8-8 vs top 100, and had a RPI of 61. I'm just thankful we didn't have to sweat it out.

Reaction Score
Given that we were the last 9-seed after those 3 wins I would have to think we would have been in 11-seed/last 4 in territory if we had lost on Friday.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
I'll never feel comfortable with the NCAA making Uconn decisions . I'll always feel like they hate us and they're probably a little pissed that we won our tourney. We needed to win the AAC tourney to get in.

Reaction Score
Whether you think it would have been justified or not, we weren't in nearly as much bubble doubt as the bracketologists thought we were.

Reaction Score
Would make sense for our championship game to end on a Saturday going forward if any of this seeding stuff was in fact pre-determined.

Reaction Score
Would make sense for our championship game to end on a Saturday going forward if any of this seeding stuff was in fact pre-determined.
Well at the same time it is important to note we beat a 9 seed, a 10 seed, and a team with no postseason. I don't think the late start affected us this year.

Reaction Score
I honestly believe Tulsa made it in part because of the UConn Cinci game. That level of exposure for the confernece I beleive was boosted slightly with that game and their wins over both of us probably looked a little better. With them being the last team in that realistically could have made the difference. That said I don;t believe we make it without the Cinci win, probably contradicting myself but oh well.

Reaction Score
I'll never feel comfortable with the NCAA making Uconn decisions . I'll always feel like they hate us and they're probably a little pissed that we won our tourney. We needed to win the AAC tourney to get in.

No doubt the NCAA hates us. We won their tournament and then (rightfully) called them out on national TV. Before that, they went after us with the Nate Miles BS and JC gave them nothing. The APR ban came so suspiciously after that, and designed so we couldn't do anything about it. (Meanwhile UNC still gets nothing despite running the worse academic fraud this side of Corinthian Colleges)

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Ain't happening. ESPN controls the scheduling of the conference tournament. They swapped the old Big East's Saturday night championship game with the ACC's Sunday afternoon championship game.

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
Given that we were the last 9-seed after those 3 wins...

The slot we got would be the best 9 seed since the natural weekend match up for the overall #1 would be against the last 8 seed. Last 8 seed would be matched against the best 9 seed. Though to be fair, teams are moved around so even though we would have the slot slated for the best 9 seed, it doesn't mean the committee thought we were it.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

This is determined by TV, no?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The amount of people online who think UConn "only got in on a lucky 60 foot heave" is appalling. It's crazy how when a media organization puts an idea into people's heads it truly becomes reality.

Media is sooo Syracuse heavy, especially at ESPN. I don't think it's a conspiracy to admit that.

Reaction Score
No we did not

Reaction Score
The win Friday did it. Without that it was a crapshoot

Reaction Score
If Jalen misses that shot, we are out. Tulsa isn't UConn. Tulsa didn't fire Emmert. Tulsa didn't embarrass Emmert on a national stage just 2 years ago.

As for seed, we got screwed and the POS RPI is used as an excuse. We deserved to be a 7 seed and got a 9. Two years ago we deserved a 5 and got a 7. It didn't matter then. It will matter this time. They didn't just give us a 9. They gave us the best 1 and the toughest bracket. If we were a 9 opposite Oregon, we would have a shot. They are a horrible 1 and the Pac is vastly overrated. Nike bought that seed.

Reaction Score
The slot we got would be the best 9 seed since the natural weekend match up for the overall #1 would be against the last 8 seed. Last 8 seed would be matched against the best 9 seed. Though to be fair, teams are moved around so even though we would have the slot slated for the best 9 seed, it doesn't mean the committee thought we were it.

We were the worst 9-seed according to the S curve.

Reaction Score
I think we would have been a 10 seed regardless. That shot though changed the tone for this entire season.

Reaction Score
I don't think we were in, personally. Maybe I prefer to think that because it makes Jalen's shot even more amazing--the impact it had on the short and long term future of the program, etc.

In the end, without the Cinci win, we would have lost 3 of our last 4 games, and 4 of our last six, with wins coming against USF and UCF. Our RPI would have been that much worse, we would have had fewer RPI 100 wins, and our SOS would have been worse. With the national perception that it was a play in game for us, and given the disrespect the AAC gets, and with the NCAA ax to grind against UConn...yeah, I don't think we were in. Tulsa's argument would have been at least as good as ours, in the NCAA's eyes.

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
We were the worst 9-seed according to the S curve.

How so? If a bracket goes chalk, the best #1 plays worst #16, worst #8, worst #4 and worst #2. Are you saying that the worst #8 plays the worst #9? If so, you are wrong. The worst #8 draws the best #9 on the S-curve.

Reaction Score
How so? If a bracket goes chalk, the best #1 plays worst #16, worst #8, worst #4 and worst #2. Are you saying that the worst #8 plays the worst #9? If so, you are wrong. The worst #8 draws the best #9 on the S-curve.

Yeah, they made adjustments to keep certain teams out of certain regions or something, but according to the one they put out, we're the lowest-rated 9 seed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom